Manchester United Talk banner

521 - 540 of 551 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Frustrating ain't it? We're going to be disappointed at the end of this window because once again I don't expect Fergie to make any of the signings we so wish for. He knows best....
It is extremely frustrating! He(saf) is wasting his time on Oezil?
I know we have some youth coming up and one can argue and possibly compare some of our youth to Costa, but I really think and see Costa being better then any of our youth prospects.
plus he can play the left side correct?

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
It is extremely frustrating! He(saf) is wasting his time on Oezil?
I know we have some youth coming up and one can argue and possibly compare some of our youth to Costa, but I really think and see Costa being better then any of our youth prospects.
plus he can play the left side correct?
Yes he can..he plays well on both sides actually..and down the middle. Fergie was very interested last summer but got put off by asking price. He eventually left for much less than they wanted to Donestk. So maybe it comes back to teams holding us for ransom...I hope he has inquired about him

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
If Fergie had even been in contact or had any interest in this boy he'd of had him at the price he went for.

We saw the standard of the Ukraine league when Arsenal gave the top team an absolute prison pounding.

·
8,440 Posts
If Fergie had even been in contact or had any interest in this boy he'd of had him at the price he went for.

We saw the standard of the Ukraine league when Arsenal gave the top team an absolute prison pounding.
We made contact. Fergie even commented on the price Gremio were asking for last summer.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
We made contact. Fergie even commented on the price Gremio were asking for last summer.
He went for 7 million. His agent would have been right on the phone to Fergie to let him know the offer that had been accepted and if Fergie was interested he'd of been in the mix.

·
8,440 Posts
He went for 7 million. His agent would have been right on the phone to Fergie to let him know the offer that had been accepted and if Fergie was interested he'd of been in the mix.
He went for 7 mill because no one else came in for him. They slapped a 20 mill price tag on him when we inquired earlier that summer. Fergie specifically mentioned how ridiculous the price was

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I know but I still think we could have quite easily done the deal for about 10 million around the time Shakthar had their bid accepted.

They were prepared to accept 7, if we jumped in and said we'll give you 10, take it or leave, you think they would knock back an extra 3 million they'd of had in their pocket?

I honestly think the reason he's not here can only be to do with Fergies level of interest rather than unreasonable demands.

·
8,440 Posts
I know but I still think we could have quite easily done the deal for about 10 million around the time Shakthar had their bid accepted.

They were prepared to accept 7, if we jumped in and said we'll give you 10, take it or leave, you think they would knock back an extra 3 million they'd of had in their pocket?

I honestly think the reason he's not here can only be to do with Fergies level of interest rather than unreasonable demands.
You're a stubborn one! Fergie wanted this guy. Our scout in Brazil, John Calvert-Toulmin had been monitoring him since 2008! We already completed our transfer deals for that summer when Gremio realised no one would offer a ridiculus amount and they let him go for the low

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Arsenal

According to the player’s agent Shakhtar Donetsk’s Brazilian Under-20 midfielder Douglas Costa is being courted by Arsenal with the Gunners Denilson being offered in part-exchange.

However, the Ukrainians aren't interested in the Gunners' wantaway midfielder and are instead holding out for hard cash instead, reports The Mirror.

Speaking to Calciomercato.com, Cesar Bottega said: "The Gunners have offered the club Denilson in exchange for Douglas but Shakhtar said no.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The only place I have seen speculation about Costa recently is on here, I don't think we are interested in him, there are players higher on the priority list at the moment.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
It was the Gladstony pic that started all the Costa talk again. The papers saw Gladstony at the Bolton game and thought it was Costa.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I would love to see him here in a rotation with Chunks, or even on the left side with young. Makes sense to go get him; fantastic talent and would relieve (not cure) our midfield woes.

·
M U F C
5,964 Posts
maybe we have missed out on getting the lad, going for him now would lead to being quoted outrageous money for him.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I would love to see him here in a rotation with Chunks, or even on the left side with young. Makes sense to go get him; fantastic talent and would relieve (not cure) our midfield woes.
He can't play as a central midfielder though, we'd have another Anderson in our hands if we bought him and decided to play him there. He can play anywhere along the attack, sort of like Young, but with the aforementioned already in the squad its highly unlikely we'd go in for him.

521 - 540 of 551 Posts