Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didier Drogba insists that he has no intention of heading for the Stamford Bridge exit this summer.

The powerful Chelsea forward has been strongly linked with Milan and their city rivals Internazionale, but has reiterated his desire to remain in England.

The former Marseille man has been with the Blues since 2004, establishing himself as one of Europe's deadliest front-men during his time in the Premier League.

He became unsettled in London following the shock departure of Jose Mourinho in September 2007, but appears to have rediscovered his passion for the Blues.

With his former mentor recently taking the hot-seat at Serie A giants Inter it had been rumoured that the Ivorian hit-man would welcome the opportunity to renew his partnership with the Portuguese coach.

However, Drogba has quashed the speculation by committing his future to his current employers.

"I have a contract with Chelsea until 2010, so I am still a Chelsea player," the striker told skysports.com during a promotional campaign for his autobiography back in Ivory Coast.

"Mourinho is my friend and I am happy for him because he was missing coaching.

"He is a top coach but, like I said, my contract here runs until 2010."

Drogba, who was sent-off late on during the UEFA Champions League final with Manchester United for slapping Nemanja Vidic, also spoke of his disappointment at ending the 2007/08 season empty-handed.

"I am really disappointed with myself (for getting sent-off)," he added.

"I lost my head completely and I let the team down. I should not have reacted in that way.

"I let myself down, the Chelsea fans, my homeland - but that is life.

"I have now lost three finals. One Uefa Cup (with Marseille), an African Nations Cup and now the Champions League, but that is football.

"Hopefully I will win the next one."

Source: SkySports

1 - 3 of 3 Posts