Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys+Girls

I play Championship Manager 06 at home (I know, outdated!) and want to try and duplicate Man United tactics as closely as I can to see how I go.

I was hoping you die-hard fans might be able to describe in your own words the tactics/style of play the Man u have been using this year so I can try and replicate it! I'm new to football so half the time I have no idea whats happening lol

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
give the ball to ronaldo ---- goal ----- give it to wazza shave post------- give to sheasy ---- wonder goal ------- and remember vidic did not get a snozzle like that without sticking his head where others feet wouldnt go . oh and dont play with pig too often as he is polish and only here for our free nhs !!!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
haggler said:
give the ball to ronaldo ---- goal ----- give it to wazza shave post------- give to sheasy ---- wonder goal ------- and remember vidic did not get a snozzle like that without sticking his head where others feet wouldnt go . oh and dont play with pig too often as he is polish and only here for our free nhs !!!!!
Are you ok? :confused:

Z

·
0 Posts
4-3-3 when in attack and 4-5-1 when we lose the ball.

Basically the front three (e.g. Nani, Rooney, Ronaldo) will be playing as attackers
but when we lose the ball nani and Ronaldo would drop back and consolidate
the midfield and give it extra protection. Then when we regain the ball they are
usually seen sprinting up the wings to launch rapid counter attacks. The main
benefit we have in attack is the fact that all of our forward players are versatile
and can play anywhere across the front line and change positions during the
game, making them almost impossible to man mark.

Passing is usually short and direct, but with Scholes or Carrick in the team, long
accurate balls are used often too. And we usually have a player like Hargreaves
playing a defensive midfield role to break up any potential attacks from midfield.
Anderson and Carrick play well in this position too.

Defensively we have Rio who has the positional
sense to be in the right place at the right time, coupled with his pace to regain
a few yards if he makes a mistake. Next to him is Vidic who I see as kind of a
sweeper. Basically he mops up anything that Rio might miss and he is also
awesome in the air.

We have two attacking full backs in Brown and Evra, defensively solid but also can
be relied upon to join in the attacking effort when needed, Evra more than Brown.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
haggler said:

:D post of the day lmfao..

In reply to the thread starter, just go 4-4-2 with Rooney and Tevez up front.
Usual back 4, Ronaldo and Giggs on the wings but playing as attackers
and Scholes and Carrick in the middle. Hope that helps......actually what was
your question? :confused: I got distracted by Haggler.
Actually just do what Hags said :p

Z

·
0 Posts
I personally think the 4-3-3 is what we're used to playing these days.

It's hard to tell though because nobody seem to stay in the same
position for more than five minutes :p

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
-zuco- said:
I personally think the 4-3-3 is what we're used to playing these days.

It's hard to tell though because nobody seem to stay in the same
position for more than five minutes :p

very true. i can see rooney just in front of the half way line at times when he's supposed to be upfront. and carrick or hargreaves right at the edge of penalty box when they are supposed to be where rooney is. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts