The rules also dictate that anyone
caught cheating through misuse of
illegal substances can never repre-
sent GB in the Olympics !!!

Case closed ...

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
i bet if he was running 9.7 instead of 10.2 he would be going no problem .

drug cheats must be banned for life end of or a sport is meaningless .

i marvelled at flo jo in her day but she was steroided to the eyeballs marion jones ben johnson etc etc . i suppose the real way to make it a level field is to let them all take whatever they want so at least we would know it was fair .

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Since Carly closed the Dwayne Chambers thread I can continue the doping line here.

I agree with Haggler about the lifelong ban but there's still cheaters out there willing to take the risk to earn a few big ones before they get caught. Thats why something more then a ban must be added. Not sure what though but the price should be too high to get caught.

Two days ago Tour de France 08 got the first doping case. Already at stage one they found a rider with EPO in the blood. Before the race started the officials were bragging about the 100.000 euro fine if they get caught and how the team would get thrown out of the race along with the normal procedure with the rider getting picked up by the police and brought to the station in cuffs.
The rider gets sacked by the team as soon as he's caught guilty and by that the team dont have to pay the fine of 100.000 and the team is allowed to continue the competition. WOW, thats really great work to prevent the use of drugs in the contaminated sport of cycle.

The so call greatest Tour de France winner of them all Lance Armstrong. The search for EPO wasnt legal untill the year 2000. Blood samples from 1999 was saved just to be checked with the new EPO drug search equipment. Four samples of Lance Armstrong was saved and all of them were full of EPO. Since the blood was taken before the 'official' start of looking for EPO this drug tests are not valid and Lance is able to shine as a superstar when he's infact nothing more then a cheater and a dirty one.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
If Dwain Chambers can clock 10.0s for the 100m without taking drugs then he was an absolute fool for taking them in the first place. I have no respect for drug cheats and it would make a farce of the Olympics if he was allowed to compete. The stance of a life-time Olympic ban for drug cheats can not be softened because the current rules do not seem to be enough of a deterrent as it is.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
spellbound said:
The so call greatest Tour de France winner of them all Lance Armstrong. The search for EPO wasnt legal untill the year 2000. Blood samples from 1999 was saved just to be checked with the new EPO drug search equipment. Four samples of Lance Armstrong was saved and all of them were full of EPO. Since the blood was taken before the 'official' start of looking for EPO this drug tests are not valid and Lance is able to shine as a superstar when he's infact nothing more then a cheater and a dirty one.
Really?! Never knew that :eek:

As for Chambers, i also wish he would shut up, he knew what he was doing in
taking the drugs so its his own fault. I don't really care much about the olympics
but i really do hope he's not allowed in the GB team ever again.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The team in this years Tour made me laugh
when their guy got caught out.

He had a test and it proved positive for some
drug or other.

The team got a tip off about it and hastily
re-wrote all their team sheets and denied
any knowledge of him being a member of
their team !!

They had used him for practise sessions,
they agreed, but he was never part of
their team, lmao.

They got away with it too which makes
the whole thing a debacle really !

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The problem with the dwayne chambers situation is alot of other famous athletes over the years have been found caught for doing steroids and it all gets hidden away, he has tried to do the right thing when he got caught and been made a villan for it. I don't agree with the steroid taking but anyone who doesn't think half the people in those sports don't take them need to look alot further. Even the so called mr clean of sprinting carl lewis failed drugs tests before but it all got hidden away.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Do you think any of the United players do drugs? Im not just talking about steriods but other illegal substances? Do you think any of them have taken it in the past?
Remember Rio failed to show up for a test. He had a ban. Is he really the best option for captain after Nev when he had a drug ban?

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I may be in the minority here but I think he should be allowed to go.

If you go to prison for doing drugs then you do your time, and are allowed to continue your life after the sentence has finished. Its no different here. Plus he's our best hope. I don't really follow athletics but I always used to like Chambers.

S

·
0 Posts
TheManc said:
I may be in the minority here but I think he should be allowed to go.

If you go to prison for doing drugs then you do your time, and are allowed to continue your life after the sentence has finished. Its no different here. Plus he's our best hope. I don't really follow athletics but I always used to like Chambers.
Difference is he hasn't "done his time".
He hasn't served his ban, he was trying to get out of it.
Anyway he's not going, and quite rightly so.

British sprinter Dwain Chambers will not be able to run at the Olympics after he lost his attempt to overturn his lifetime ban.

The 30-year-old took his case to secure an injunction against the British Olympic Association by-law to the High Court, but the ruling went against him.

Under BOA rules, the sprinter was banned from future Games after testing positive for the steroid THG in 2003.

Chambers had argued that the ban was an unfair restraint of trade.

But Mr Justice Mackay refused to grant an injunction to temporarily suspend the lifetime ban before a full hearing - which is now not expected to go ahead - in March next year.

In his summing up, Mr Mackay said Chambers' right to work was not a good enough reason to overturn the ban, while the last-minute timing had also worked against him.

"Many people both inside and outside sport would see this by-law as unlawful," said Mr Mackay.

"(But) In my judgment it would take a much better case than the claimant has presented to persuade me to overturn the status quo at this stage and compel his selection for the Games."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7503792.stm

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Difference is he hasn't "done his time".
He hasn't served his ban, he was trying to get out of it.
Anyway he's not going, and quite rightly so.

British sprinter Dwain Chambers will not be able to run at the Olympics after he lost his attempt to overturn his lifetime ban.

The 30-year-old took his case to secure an injunction against the British Olympic Association by-law to the High Court, but the ruling went against him.

Under BOA rules, the sprinter was banned from future Games after testing positive for the steroid THG in 2003.

Chambers had argued that the ban was an unfair restraint of trade.

But Mr Justice Mackay refused to grant an injunction to temporarily suspend the lifetime ban before a full hearing - which is now not expected to go ahead - in March next year.

In his summing up, Mr Mackay said Chambers' right to work was not a good enough reason to overturn the ban, while the last-minute timing had also worked against him.

"Many people both inside and outside sport would see this by-law as unlawful," said Mr Mackay.

"(But) In my judgment it would take a much better case than the claimant has presented to persuade me to overturn the status quo at this stage and compel his selection for the Games."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7503792.stm
Oh fair enough, I thought he was just banned from all athletics for a few years.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
hes cheated he shouldnt be aloud end of, he shouldnt be aloud to compete in sports end of speacily after his vain attempts to play american football and rugby leauge lol i dread to think what hes gunna try next ice hockey perhaps?

i think there drugs in ever sports if that lance armstrong things true than that really is sad for one of the greatest sports men in history isit sumate to do with that balco case? for e.g. barry bonds (baseball player) hits the record for the most home runs in history then get caught up a drugs cheating thing now theres a massive court case its a farse.

and as for drugs in football well i 'heard' a rumour that in jose first year in charge at chelski they were blood doping hense why john terry could come back from injurys so fast etc weather its true or not well never know seeing as its almost impossable to trace

1 - 15 of 15 Posts