Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching us destory newcastle on the weekend i was wondering why in last 20 minutes players like Eagles don't get a chance to come on.

We used to blood players through, O'shea, Brown, Richardson, Fletcher. We haven't been doing that in the last 2 years.

Anyone reckon it might be something to do with the take over?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
No, its to do with the fully fit, quality squad we have.
In our last game we had the likes of Saha, Scholes, Anderson
and OShea on the bench, with players like Giggs, Hargreaves
and Park not even making the bench. So i dont think there is
much chance of Eagles seeing much first team action.
He got his chance earlier in the season when there were injuries
to players like Park, Carrick, Hargo etc... and Nani and Anderson
were only being blooded in.
Eagles looks a decent player but he is another that will find it
tough to get games.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Im affraid i think eagles will leave in the summer i hope he stays in the prem but im not sure weve seen enough to get the prem move he will want. Lets face facts he looks ok but against chelsea or arsenal he aint up to that kind of oponent but i hope he has a good career.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
yeh your right burnsey mate eagles isnt a united player but he needs games and maybe he will be a decent prem player he jsut doesnt play enough

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
fazman said:
Im affraid i think eagles will leave in the summer i hope he stays in the prem but im not sure weve seen enough to get the prem move he will want. Lets face facts he looks ok but against chelsea or arsenal he aint up to that kind of oponent but i hope he has a good career.
i think so as well
just ain't up to united quality
had his chances in the 1st half of the season to impress
didn't do much
so time to move on im sorry lad

·
Registered
303 Posts
I hope he stays at least one more season he will prob get a few more chances with Scholes an Giggs not getting any younger, Fletcher might or might not be there would like to see him stay and fight for his place like O shea and fletch have thats what makes a United player.

·
Registered
309 Posts
eagles's time is up at united imo.when I first saw him a couple of years ago in a carling cup game he was excellent and thought he had great potential however he just hasnt graduated to the senior team with much success. i'm afraid like Jazz said he had his chance at the start of the season when we had injuries/suspensions and he failed to spark. when you are unproven youth teamer you don't get too many chances to shine . for example when you take a look at our league cup record over the last 2 seasons and the fa cup games against exeter etc where fringe players that have come through the ranks have been thrown in they failed abysmally. Unfortunately with united expected to be challenging for honours every season we cannot afford to carry raw teenagers evry match.arsenal may have a great youth system but their transition over the last 3 season where they were way off the pace and were almost caught by spurs for fourth simply would not be allowed to happen at united or fergie would be out the door .Thats why we are broadly speaking a buying club and the young players we do invest in are already maknig an impact in senior teams eg Rooney and ronaldo.It is now rare to see domestic players come through the ranks anywhere in Englnd that are"Manchester united type players". That said lets hope the 2 danny's wellbeck and simpson make the grade as the tradition of the club demands homegrown talent to be honed ever since the busby babes and beyond.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts