Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright ppl, I am goin to Utd V Fulham, and my seat is in east stand tier 2,(i kno not very good seats but, my mate gave em me). I never sat in east tier 2 b4 and my mate told me ppl que ther for ages to get in. Does any1 of you sit in east 2? I was just wonderin how long are the Q's to get in? cos i normally sit in south.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
hi mate, i've never sat there, but i've sat opposite in west tier 2.
i don't actually think they are bad seats at all, and you can sometimes get a bit of atmosphere going up there.
i wouldn't know about the queues but i know we've got a couple of lads on here who sit up there and would be happy to let you know

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I'm often East T2 mate...its where I've been most of all I'd say...with North next.

Que's aren't too bad...nothing major...

...getting out can be a right long wait though....

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Probably belongs in the ticket and travel section but yeh i've never sat there myself but know where it is and it doesn't seem TOO bad. And surely any Q is worth the wait ;).....lol nah but seriously i hate queing it makes me want to hurt myself:(

:D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You wont have to wait long to find your seats if thats what ya mean?
Atmosphere is hit and miss up there. If you are near the North stand side
of things the atmos can be fun as there are plenty trying to get songs going,
but if you are near the South its not as good I feel, usually drowned out by the
away fans that are near ya. Its hit and miss though if you are sat in North/South or East.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
jazz, i don't think it's hit and miss in north or south.
you just don't ever get any noise!
i get told to sit down shut up in the south and the only noise in the north stand is occasional tier 3 :)

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Ive been in tier 3 of the north against chelsea in the semi of the carling a few years ago and it was bouncing !!!

Alot of steps though lol!!

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
North stand, give us a song!
North stand, North stand, give us a song!
North stand, give us a song!
North stand, North stand, give us a song!

...They used to be singing that in the strett. Haven't been in the upper stret in a bit though

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
red dave said:
Ive been in tier 3 of the north against chelsea in the semi of the carling a few years ago and it was bouncing !!!

Alot of steps though lol!!

Its a pretty savage spot alright...Remember being there for a Rovers game....been
there 5 or 6 times...thats the upper north

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
east tier 2 seats are ok...far from the worst also view wise theyre pretty decent......as for people and queues well whereever you go in a 76,000 full house your going to get a lot of people at some point.

as for tier 3 was there against middlesborough and guess what happened....... no i didn't believe it myself till i saw it...guy in front of me got out a rubicks cube and started doing it in the match for 20 ***** minutes. i know plenty of other people who would have gladly had that ticket and watched the entire game lol.
i aint saying you have to go to the match and scream and shout - i know some people aren't into that and maybe just shout etc now and then - fair does that ok-i aint going to criticize coz they give it their full attention, but really going to a game and spending it doing a puzzle??

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
scottsati said:
east tier 2 seats are ok...far from the worst also view wise theyre pretty decent......as for people and queues well whereever you go in a 76,000 full house your going to get a lot of people at some point.

as for tier 3 was there against middlesborough and guess what happened....... no i didn't believe it myself till i saw it...guy in front of me got out a rubicks cube and started doing it in the match for 20 ***** minutes. i know plenty of other people who would have gladly had that ticket and watched the entire game lol.
i aint saying you have to go to the match and scream and shout - i know some people aren't into that and maybe just shout etc now and then - fair does that ok-i aint going to criticize coz they give it their full attention, but really going to a game and spending it doing a puzzle??

I saw a guy reading a book once...and a kid playing a PSP:p

·
Registered
364 Posts
scottsati said:

A rubicks cube?! Seriously?! Wtf? Someone should have taken it off him, or peeled all the stickers off and put them back on the right order for him lol. :p

I'm going to be in the East stand for Wigan (E224 I think?). I was up there for the Nowrich game a few years ago [the first home game of the season, when new signing Alan Smith scored that great volley right in front of that end]. The atmosphere was good then, so I'm hoping it will be again! :)

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Keano! said:

Shut up!!!!

lol!! its gone crazy lol!!

I was in once and these two women were chatting from two rows apart about shopping and the traffic passing sweets too each other .

CRAZY !!

This guy next to me was fuming just staring at them

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Keano! said:
really though whats the point??? there are so many fans desperate to go who can't get tickets or access to them then you get the ground full now, but with a high percentage of muppets??

honestly though to do a rucicks cube or bring a book you have to have thought- beforehand i am going to take these...and maybe do them...how mads that. i can understand if you sit there and maybe are bored for a moment and drift off into a daydream for a few minutes, but to actually go see united and take other stuff with you for when you get bored....they should stay at home and watch it on the tv, then they can flick over when there no action or ronaldo isn't playing

·
Registered
364 Posts
At the aforementioned Nowrich game, there were a family of four sat in front of me (a mum, dad and 2 young children) who came in late, sat down, and remained silent for the entire game. They didn't even talk to each other, just sat there vacantly staring across the stadium.

I strongly felt like leaning over and checking them for a pulse at half-time incase theyd eaten dodgy pies before kickoff and died, but managed to resist. :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was in East Stand Tier 2 for the Boro game and the atmosphere was decent enough.

Did someone really see someone playing with a rubiks cube at a game for 20 mins:eek: fcuk me that's desperate when you think of the fans who would love tickets, people like that don't deserve tickets.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
good atmosphere in east tier 2. if your at the back u get the chants reverberate off the back corrogated sheeting and it hits u. no queues when i last was in there and never been any queues anywhere else.

biggest queue i see on matchdays are the gormless daytrippers stocking up on united branded garbage from the club shop. brilliant when u get someone in your row who has 3-4 bags of shopping like they come straight from tesco's.

its all overpriced crap anyway. the shirts are way too over-priced. shirt at jjb sports with lettering and champs badges would set u back £40-£45. At OT, stick another £20 on. All goes towards the interest payments s'pose!!!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts