Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ebanks-Blake was sold to Wolves from United couple of years back for about 1.5 million.

He has just won 'Championship player of the year' and 'Best goal of the year' as well as getting capped by the England U21's this season.

He is young, fast and powerful as well as being top scorer in the Championship with 24 league goals.

He could have been our 4th striker. He looks far better than Frazier Campbell and Manucho and arguably better than Welbeck.

Did we make a mistake in selling him?

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Ebanks-Blake was sold to Wolves from United couple of years back for about 1.5 million.

He has just won 'Championship player of the year' and 'Best goal of the year' as well as getting capped by the England U21's this season.

He is young, fast and powerful as well as being top scorer in the Championship with 24 league goals.

He could have been our 4th striker. He looks far better than Frazier Campbell and Manucho and arguably better than Welbeck.

Did we make a mistake in selling him?
i don't think so!he prob has just developed because hes getting a run of first team games that he wouldn't have got here! so he mightn't have been as good as he is now? just a thought! anyway some times players cant make the step up from the championship to the premiership so he might have just found his right level

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Getting the 1st team experience he has had recently would of helped him develope greatly.
I really doubt he would of got any if he had stayed.

Judge him next season though(if Wolves get promoted that is), he could end up like Nugent. Class in the Championship but not in the Prem.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Probably not.

Personally I don't think its a big deal that we got rid of someone who "could have been our 4th striker."

Rossi we missed out on, not so much Sylvan Ebanks-Blake.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I don't think he would have developed into half the player he is without leaving and getting first team experience. So no I don't, I think the route he has chosen is the only way he could become the good striker he is.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok I can see where this is going.....

Do you think he will become a better player than Campbell, Manucho, Macheda and Welbeck? (who are all our potential 4th striker)
Personally I think he is better than Campbell and Manucho. Not too sure about Welbeck but Id rather have Petrucci.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I agree that Ebanks-Blake wouldn't have developed as well if he had stayed at United..

It's hard to know about Campbell any more, he hasn't played for Spurs in a while now..
IMO I don't think Manucho is anything special but he has all the attributes to be a top striker!
Wellbeck looks promising and I think he can be our best choice as 4th striker!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Probably not.

Personally I don't think its a big deal that we got rid of someone who "could have been our 4th striker."

Rossi we missed out on, not so much Sylvan Ebanks-Blake.
yeah that's right !!! Rossi played in harder league and still finish in the top 10 most goal scored...He played in the Championship then IF Wolves get promoted this season, then we'll see how he will performed in the hardest league....

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
He's enjoying his football where he is, instead of playing reserve football for us he's won 'Championship Player Of The Year'.
If he makes it big for a big club later on in his career then fair play him. I still don't think he's even the CH best player........ that falls to Kevin Doyle.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
He did well at Plymouth too but I have my doubts. It's a huge step up in class from the Championship to the Premiership...never mind from the Championship to the upper echelons of the Prem and the Champions League.

Nugent looked outstanding in the Championship and even got called up for England but has found life very tough in the Premiership.

However, Doyle did well at Championship and Premiership level but tbf he is a regular Rep of Ireland international and deserves to be playing in the Prem.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
we actually sold him to plymouth , he moved to wolves afterwards... and i dont think he was ever united quality, as much as stephen elliot and darren huckerby banged goals in for fun in the championship, they aint prem quality!

He'll get about 5 goals for wolves next season, and good luck to him! he isn't a patch on Wellbeck, Wellbeck is the future!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i don't know if we missed a trick,we will maybe see if/when wolves get promoted. But i dont think i could see him banging them in for a top four club.

Saying that he is banging them in for me in my Wolves manager mode on fifa:cool:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
He's the best striker in the league. Take off your Irish specs off and see the real picture.
We'll see next season, hopefully both teams will be in the Prem next season.:thumbsup:
I love proving people wrong :whistling:

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
We'll see next season ASBO, hopefully both teams will be in the Prem next season.:thumbsup:
I love proving people wrong :whistling:
To be fair, Blake was awesome with Rossi in our reserves. He was pretty much on Rossi's level (or nearly) until he broke his leg, after which he was never the same. He seems to have gotten back to near his best though.

I've never been that impressed with Doyle. Good player, but not amazing like some make him out to be.

Great on FM 08 though.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I wouldn't compare atm. The gap between quality in the prem and in the championship is just unbelievably huge. Lets see if wolves come up next season, then we will be able to make a more decent assessment.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
To be fair, Blake was awesome with Rossi in our reserves. He was pretty much on Rossi's level (or nearly) until he broke his leg, after which he was never the same. He seems to have gotten back to near his best though.

I've never been that impressed with Doyle. Good player, but not amazing like some make him out to be.

Great on FM 08 though.
I've followed his career for years. He had one bad season and thats all you guys probably remember him by. He scores goals, great space, runs channels, strong in the air and creates chances for others.

Martin O'Neil was willing to spend £10mil on him but reading wouldn't stirr. He's a Heskey type player as in sets up chances for his fellow striker but he has skill and scores goals too. He would be playing in the PL only for Reading wouldn't let him go.

He's also proved in the PL 3seasons ago when he had a storming season for Reading in the Premier League. He also is proved internationally.

I hope to god both players play Premier League football next year just to prove you wrong TM.

ps* i can't believe you used reserve team football to prove Blake is top notch :laugh:
You guys see a player doing well for club and suddenly you all jump on his back.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts