Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eduardo will be back playing competitive football in three weeks.

The Arsenal striker suffered horrific leg and ankle injuries at Birmingham back on February 23 and, in the immediate aftermath, it was feared his career could be in doubt.

However the Croatian was operated on that evening in the Midlands and has been working hard on his rehabilitation ever since.

Speaking at Arsenal's AGM on Thursday morning, Arsène Wenger confirmed that the long wait is nearly over.

“Eduardo is three weeks away from playing competitive football,†he said.

However, it appears Tomas Rosicky's return will take a little longer.

“He should be back after Christmas,†said Wenger.

The Czech midfielder has been out since January 29 with a hamstring problem.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/eduardo-three-weeks-away-from-return

Im no fan of either Eduardo or ArsE but I must say this is great news.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I'm glad for him.

The injury was horrific and contributed to Arsenal's decline towards then end of the season.

The foul was so sickening that I couldn't watch twice and he almost hd his career taken away from him. Say what you will but a professional football player knows not to tackle like that.

Taylor probably didn't want to give him a career-ending tackle, but he did want to let Eduardo know he was around and it went horribly wrong.

In any case, I'm happy Eduardo's gonna play again.

Z

·
0 Posts
I'm happy he's back playing. He's a quality striker and it'll be good to see him back
playing again. His ankle looked awful in the pictures I saw and it was feared he'd
never play again which would have been a real shame, so it's good to know he's
almost back to full fitness, even if he will make Arsenal stronger :p

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Good for him, he's a pleasure to watch and I always hate to see careers ended by injuries, careers are meant to be ended the old-fashioned way, by signing for Newcastle.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
when speaking about terrible tackles - has anyone seen dawson's tackle ????excactly the same as taylor's

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Eduardo nearing Gunners return
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4590913,00.html

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes it will not be long before the Gunners see striker Eduardo back in action after his broken leg.

The Brazilian-born Croatia striker suffered an horrific injury following a challenge from Matthew Taylor at Birmingham in February.

However, the 25-year-old is now closing in on a return to competitive action with the Gunners.

Wenger confirmed: "As soon as possible, he will play now.

"He is joining in full training matches, but he needs games now."

Saturday's home clash with Wigan will come too soon for Eduardo, and deposed captain William Gallas is also set to miss out because of a calf injury.

However, Wenger hopes to have defender Kolo Toure back from a similar problem while Emmanuel Eboue may return after a knee injury.

"We certainly lose Gallas for Saturday, but we have Mikael Silvestre, who will be available," said the Arsenal manager.

"We have Kolo Toure available again and he is more suited to playing on the right side [of central defence]. We will see until Saturday how well he is."

The Gunners kick-started their campaign last weekend with a 2-1 victory over Chelsea after coming from behind at Stamford Bridge.

Although still some eight points adrift of leaders Liverpool - who must come to Emirates Stadium on December 21 - it was a second win over their direct rivals, having also seen off Manchester United last month.

It marked the end of a troubled spell both on and off the pitch for Arsene Wenger's men, now led by new skipper Cesc Fabregas after Gallas was stripped of the captaincy for airing his controversial views in public.

Arsenal's youngsters were knocked out of the Carling Cup at Championship side Burnley in midweek, and Wenger will recall his first-team regulars for Saturday's Premier League clash.

The Latics were beaten 3-0 at Emirates Stadium in the last round of the cup, but nevertheless will present another test of the Gunners' title credentials.

Successive league defeats followed the win over United, and defender Gael Clichy knows there can be no more mistakes - with the likes of Hull, Stoke, Fulham and Manchester City having all beaten Arsenal this season.

"Now we cannot afford to drop any more points and must really go for it," he said.

"We have to play against these sides with a great desire, because they are going to want to beat the big teams and will give everything."

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The fact that this guy can walk again let alone play football is a minor miracle imo. It was one of the worst injuries I have ever seen and, even though he plays for Arsenal, I'll be glad to see him back on a football pitch. It must have taken so much hard work for him to regain his physical and mental strength to start playing football again. Fair play to him.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
His return will be a big boost for Arsenal...they sorta went downhill after his injury.

Nice to see him back. He was so close from having his career ended..had it not been for the quick action taken by their medical staff.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
not as good as people on here are makin out. Sentimentality kicking in!!!!

good to see someone run back out after injury though

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
antdevil78 said:
not as good as people on here are makin out. Sentimentality kicking in!!!!

good to see someone run back out after injury though

He was only finding his feet at Aresnal before that injury... He is a good player with a good record to prove. Did he score a goal against England before:confused: ?

Rival club or not its nice to see him get his career going again.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It was a terrible injury, and I think everyone had a real fear that he wouldn't be back.

But it'll be good to see him back, but hopefully hes as ready as he can be when he does return.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
He was only finding his feet at Aresnal before that injury... He is a good player with a good record to prove. Did he score a goal against England before:confused: ?

Rival club or not its nice to see him get his career going again.
Unproven at a high level. His scoring record is for Dinamo Zagreb and cant remember Croatian League being up there with Premier League in level of play.

Like i said, glad he is back playing but will be just as glad that he ends up being a flop for Arsenal.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
His scoring record for Croatia is really good...and given time, i reckon he'll prove his worth. It was his first season in England......

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
wot bout nasri and ramsey????

have they got to have their ankles shattered to pieces before we wish them well with their arsenal careers.

complete rubbish. Glad they guy has made a recovery as its his occupation but that is where is ends. Hope he just another in the line of arsenal flops.

Sad bout Torres injury problems aint it, hope he does really well with liverpool

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
antdevil78 said:
wot bout nasri and ramsey????

have they got to have their ankles shattered to pieces before we wish them well with their arsenal careers.

complete rubbish. Glad they guy has made a recovery as its his occupation but that is where is ends. Hope he just another in the line of arsenal flops.

Sad bout Torres injury problems aint it, hope he does really well with liverpool
lmao:D

tbh i couldnt care less, i dont give a monkeys about arsenal , chavski or the fools players, the weaker their squads are the better.

sad to see a fella get such a bad injury, just as long as its not a united player, its harsh i know but rather theirs than ours:eek:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts