Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
pretty bad and dangerous tackle, studs up... could have done serious damage if he'd connected!

iv seen reds given for this type of tackle!

if he had gotten a red, he wouldn be in the situation hes in now!!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Not quite sure I get the point of this thread.....
Are you in some way suggesting that Eduardo got his
just rewards? We have a thread on Eduardo's horrific
injury. i dont think we need this one to start slating
the poor lad. He is out for 9 months so leave him be.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yep, might aswell merge it with that thread.

Don't think anybodys slating him per se, well not me anyway but just referring to him putting in an extremely dangerous tackle himself only a week before he got done by one. Some believe in Karma....

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
unitedred said:
Yep, might aswell merge it with that thread.

Don't think anybodys slating him per se, well not me anyway but just referring to him putting in an extremely dangerous tackle himself only a week before he got done by one. Some believe in Karma....
well no point merging them as its sort of a different topic....
I just think this thread might get unwarranted messages.
Maybe Eduardo's tackle was nasty (well it was)
but you cant kick a dog when he's down.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
wow ! life's a bitch aint it ? he should ahve been banned for 1-3 matches for that tackle imo. If he had been banned he wouldn't have played a match in which he was brutally injured ! I say - bring the bans !

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Its football people...these kind of tackle tend to happen with or without purpose and in this case, Nani is lucky enough to get off it but Eduardo didnt sadly...call karma as you want but its just tragic and no one deserved such injury.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was tempting people to answer where can you draw the line on what is and isn't a bad tackle. Its easy to say it is once the damamge is done. IMO that tackle on Nani is very bad as well. If we want to avoid injurys like the Edwardo one these type of tackles need to be punished.

People keep saying it but i see no action. Will we have to see more horrific injurys before players stop diving into stupid challenges?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Will we have to see more horrific injurys before players stop diving into stupid challenges?
I think we will always see horrific injuries, whether the players dive in or not.
Its a contact sport with lots of twisting and turning and accidents do happen.
Sure the bad ones need to be punished but the game will never be free from
horrific injuries or tackles. Its just part of the game.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Yeh thats arsenal all over they never see there bad tackles im sorry it happened to him but if its gonna happen to any teams then its got to be arsenal , liverpool or chelsea

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
wow ! life's a bitch aint it ? he should ahve been banned for 1-3 matches for that tackle imo. If he had been banned he wouldn't have played a match in which he was brutally injured ! I say - bring the bans !
he WAS - a red card is a ban. That is sufficient punishment for a mistimed tackle, and thats all it was.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I think we will always see horrific injuries, whether the players dive in or not.
Its a contact sport with lots of twisting and turning and accidents do happen.
Sure the bad ones need to be punished but the game will never be free from
horrific injuries or tackles.
Its just part of the game.

Remember Alan Smith? He was not even tackled, all it takes is a wrong landing or a wrong footing and such were the injuries he suffered.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts