Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Just saw this.

I also remember a little save against Man City last season and three penalty saves in a row in the curtain raiser of 07/08.

That still doesn't hide the fact that he has not been reliable lately.

I know it sounded harsh, but I wouldn;t give that tag to an United player unless I was absolutely convinced. Although I don't have contacts within OT to confirm it, I really felt he was making the injury worst than it was and it was only after he spilled the ball that he decided to act as if he were mortally wounded.

And now we hear that the injury is not as bad as first thought.

Hand-on-heart, I'd rather Kuszczak start the next few games ahead of Edwin.

The defenders are losing faith in Edwin and Rio has been having little skirmishes with him since the latter part of last season.

I would like to think I'm very fair when it comes to individual performances as shown in the Berba v Chelsea thread, but Edwin has been driving me nuts and making me very nervous. And worse than that I don't think he has been instilling a lot of confidence in his team mates.

Add to that, his gaffes actually inspire the opposition and signals weakness.
Thats better RFR ;) I agree with most of what you said there and you gave good
reasons as well. But calling one of our own a 'loser', questioning their mentality
and saying they feigned injury is just not on imo. He doesnt deserve that one bit,
especially after all he has done for us and in his entire career.
Im an avid Keane fan as you know, and we all know what happened to the guy
who accused him of feigning injury........;)
actually there were 2, Haaland and McCarthy.
I think you know what Im trying to say here.:)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I think apart from VDS, the whole team is just as guilty of being match fit. As a goalkeeper, what other mistake can he do? Just happen that his mistake is the most vital one which could affect us greatly cause he is the last person on the line.

Seriously thou, i thought no matter how much he made mistake..he is still the better lot from the other two. TK i can see still tend to get a bit nervous when the ball come nearer and Foster..lets not get there yet since he is suffering from another injury. At first look, even i thought he was facking it but then when i watch the replay...He is infact struggling to stand on his two feet and was waiting for the substitution when the reff continue to play on. Thats when he have to make that save and asked for a substitution..

And oh... the sight of Rio shouting at him i have to admit a bit symphathetic but funny thou..:p

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I felt less nervous with TK around than with VDS. THAT's how bad it has become.

Polish football fans call Kuszczak "Puszczak" - It means a someone who always mucks up or something like "Calamity", but here he is catching balls with more confidence than VDS. I'm not making it up, it was there to see.

But Siti is right, when the ball whizzes past goal or comes in from a cross he doesn't deal with them courageously. That is one part of his game he needs to improve.

I will gladly tak that over VDS at the moment though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Both VDS and Kuszczak make me nervous but i think Kuszczak now should be
given a chance now. He has been VDS under study for a few years now and
he has now played a part in a big game so i think Fergie should leave him in. He
has the oppourtunity now with VDS having a slight injury so we'll see.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cost us

I was really ticked when he forced the subsitution as it didn't look like he needed to come off. I agree with those above that he it looked like he chose to make a big deal of it to save face. Even the television commentator mentioned that he has been substituted many more times in the last year than most EPL keepers. With that packed bench and the opposition I really thought it cost us a Tevez or a Brown. Not cool.

On an unrelated note I thought Neville looked much, much better. SAF was so smart to keep him from running the line to play more like a defender.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Skye_Fan said:
I was really ticked when he forced the subsitution as it didn't look like he needed to come off. I agree with those above that he it looked like he chose to make a big deal of it to save face. Even the television commentator mentioned that he has been substituted many more times in the last year than most EPL keepers. With that packed bench and the opposition I really thought it cost us a Tevez or a Brown. Not cool.

On an unrelated note I thought Neville looked much, much better. SAF was so smart to keep him from running the line to play more like a defender.

Yep.

The moment VDS chickened out, I looked my mate I were so disgusted, because we knew it would me one outfield sub less, one oh whom would definitely be Ronaldo.

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise though, because my mental image of Edwin's catching is a scene from my younger days = I was in Melbourne, visiting my friends and we hit the strip clubs regularly. My fave one had a senior stripper do a show, which could put thai girls to shame.

One of her tricks was to launch a lubed up dildo at an audience member who had to catch it.

My friend was sat next to me and the intended target, I can still see the launch in slow mo, followed by my friend fumbling it and squeezing the lubed up phallus several times in the air before catching it and standing up to show off his trophy to the whole room.

...... just though I'd share that :D

p.s. Neville's performance did make the anti-Gary camp go awfully quiet.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
RedForceRising said:
^ OK That's a bit harsh. I don't wish injury onto any player let alone an United player, but he has been very poor.

As I said on the matchday thread, I suspect he feigned injury to cover up for his inability to catch. When he went down to collect the ball, he looked fine.....then he lost the ball, stood up and pretended to be injured. Loser.

Come on man, that's totally out of line!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts