Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eircom League has just kicked off.

Wins for Bohs, Derry and Galway on the first weekend.
Results, tables and info etc...> League of Ireland

I know we have a few Irish on here, so who is your team?
Mine is Shamrock rovers who drew 0-0 in their first game away to Bray Wanderers.
Gonna try get to a couple of games this season. Havent been for about 20 years lol :blink:

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
im a season ticket holder at limerick and have been for the past id say 6 years now! good crack at the matches not the best of teams but were getting better both on and off the pitch! the captiain lives beside my sister :p

bad result on friday though 2-1 :(

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Don't really follow it but always like to see Finn Harps (in 1st division tho) do well haven't seen them play in a couple of years, but i'm going to see them play the Utd legends on th 16th march, happy days

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Used to be a regular Bray Wanderers goer...those good 'ol days at the Carisile Grounds..... so innocent! :laugh:

...TBH, Haven't been paying as much attention as I used to. Watch the cup games normally, and a few on the TV over the Summer...

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Used to be a regular Bray Wanderers goer...those good 'ol days at the Carisile Grounds..... so innocent! :laugh:

...TBH, Haven't been paying as much attention as I used to. Watch the cup games normally, and a few on the TV over the Summer...
yo need to get back into bud ;) the leagues going to be in the new championship manager cant wait to win the champo league with limerick :rofl:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
do you rember who was playing?
Shelbourne and uhhh....some other team. It was at an Irish pub in California on St. Patrick's day, so yeah, I was obviously more concerned with other things, mostly singing Danny Boy, but from what I saw it was all DO NOT WANT.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Shelbourne and uhhh....some other team. It was at an Irish pub in California on St. Patrick's day, so yeah, I was obviously more concerned with other things, mostly singing Danny Boy, but from what I saw it was all DO NOT WANT.
wheres your money gone :rofl: they where within one game of raching the champins league group stages a couple of seasons ago :eek:

tbf it not the best quality stranded league but its improving year after year

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
way to wreck the thread you ass bandits :rolleyes:
Shelbourne are our most 'successful' club in Europe. Nearly made the Champions League a few seasons back.
Used to look out for their results for a while cos their manager at the time (Damien Richardson) gave my team a training session.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Shelbourne are our most 'successful' club in Europe. Nearly made the Champions League a few seasons back.
Used to look out for their results for a while cos their manager at the time (Damien Richardson) gave my team a training session.
its all RTiDs fault :rolleyes:
ya they were good some cracking matches with them over the past few seasons when they went down!
some memorable chants too "wheres your money gone" "your not famous anymore" "alive alive-o alive alive-o your junkies and scumbags alive alive-o":D

you be going to a few rovers game this year jazz?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
They won like 4-1 or something when I saw them, that is if they were the team in red, I dunno a lot of green beer went into my body that day.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
They won like 4-1 or something when I saw them, that is if they were the team in red, I dunno a lot of green beer went into my body that day.
thats the one my friend ;) they got into serious fiancal dept thogh and got relegated so are abit like leeds they were expected to go up but they were playing limerick (my team)the last game of the season and were going up untill limerick scored in the last minute :D was epic :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you be going to a few rovers game this year jazz?
yeah, Id like to. They opened their new stadium recently in Tallaght, which is close to my gaf,
and I play my football in Tallaght too. They used to play in Milltown which would have been my 'local' club
(well closest to me) and they were hugely successful. Went to a few games when I was a kid in the mid 80's,
though dont remember too much tbh. Rovers havent had a 'home' since they left Milltown in '87.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
yeah, Id like to. They opened their new stadium recently in Tallaght, which is close to my gaf,
and I play my football in Tallaght too. They used to play in Milltown which would have been my 'local' club
(well closest to me) and they were hugely successful. Went to a few games when I was a kid in the mid 80's,
though dont remember too much tbh. Rovers havent had a 'home' since they left Milltown in '87.
im not the biggest fan of rovers tbh when ye were down in the 1st division there was riots when ye came down here twice was madness had to walk through it to get to our car and all!but you should get back into it its good craic and the football is improving and its basically like football used to be like just non stop singing and support

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Cork City. Used to go fairly regular a couple of seasons back but now i'm in college friday night games are a **** to get down to. Probably go in the summer. Always good support in Cork, shed end's mint.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
good man jazz was thinking if MUT would have a thread:thumbsup: but is it not the newstalk league of ireland this yr?? haha

watched bohs v dundalk there friday, not a bad game by the leagues standards at all. i think it between rovrers bohs and derry this season. rovers moving into tallaght (finally!) will give them a big boost and michael o'neill has recruited some good players in the off season. my mate (farmhoop on the forum is his MUT name) is an avid super hoops season ticket holder so surely i will be brought to the new ground this season:D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
good man jazz was thinking if MUT would have a thread:thumbsup: but is it not the newstalk league of ireland this yr?? haha

watched bohs v dundalk there friday, not a bad game by the leagues standards at all. i think it between rovrers bohs and derry this season. rovers moving into tallaght (finally!) will give them a big boost and michael o'neill has recruited some good players in the off season. my mate (farmhoop on the forum is his MUT name) is an avid super hoops season ticket holder so surely i will be brought to the new ground this season:D
yeah Ive chatted to him a bit on here. I knew he knew ya cos he was always giving you grief :D
Hopefully Ill get along to Tallaght soon for a game, though next few home games will be impossible to make.
Ill be in Manc for the next one, Ireland play Bulgaria when Derry City come, my birds bday when Cork City come :rolleyes: etc etc
The new young Scottish player seems like a great buy for the midfield. Cant think of his name right now....
Ollie Cahill is back which is good news and hopefully young Amond will carry on where he left off.
'Mon the Hoops!

1 - 20 of 408 Posts