Manchester United Talk banner

241 - 260 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
You can't help but want this shower of cunts to fall short.

England should pick up 4 points from both games but I wouldn't be surprised if they only picked up 1 point.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Is the game at Wembley?

And as a question, does England always play in Wembley their qualyfication matches?

·
Banned
252 Posts
arguebly the best sqaud in a long time,plenty of depth and youth,they might be more luckier than the gazza/linekar and scholes/beckham/rooney era.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Yes. Both of their games are.

They sure do but used other stadiums such as Old Trafford while it was being rebuilt.
Thanks. I wasn't sure about it...
I always remember that Beckham goal vs Greece in the last minute, and I remember it was in Old Trafford.
But lately I've always seen them play in Wembley, so that's why I asked (I guess it was being rebuilt back then).

Spain should do something similar to the FA and play every game in a FA stadium, the problem is they don't have one.
They're playing in Son Moix today, Mallorca's stadium, where there was a electric-related explosion yesterday :facepalm

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
Thanks. I wasn't sure about it...
I always remember that Beckham goal vs Greece in the last minute, and I remember it was in Old Trafford.
But lately I've always seen them play in Wembley, so that's why I asked (I guess it was being rebuilt back then).

Spain should do something similar to the FA and play every game in a FA stadium, the problem is they don't have one.
They're playing in Son Moix today, Mallorca's stadium, where there was a electric-related explosion yesterday :facepalm
I actually don't like the idea of a national team stadium. I like the idea of a new stadium being used for each game. That way, all areas of the country can get the chance to see the team without having to travel to the capital. It would reduce ticket prices as well, not having to pay off an expensive new stadium.

Like in Spain, Sevilla have lunatic fans who provide an intimidating atmosphere. Spain can choose stadiums to suit certain games, which can be an advantage.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I actually don't like the idea of a national team stadium. I like the idea of a new stadium being used for each game. That way, all areas of the country can get the chance to see the team without having to travel to the capital. It would reduce ticket prices as well, not having to pay off an expensive new stadium.

Like in Spain, Sevilla have lunatic fans who provide an intimidating atmosphere. Spain can choose stadiums to suit certain games, which can be an advantage.
That's a good point too. But the thing is, they play most of the time in Albacete, Son Moix, Huelva, that are stadiums with less than 25.000 seats, and they're small stadiums to play.
Very few times I've seen a match in Valencia, or even Atleticos stadium, Barça's, Espanyols, Athletics... They don't want to come to the Basque Contry or Catalunya and that reduces a lot the amount of stadiums to play in...

If it was like in the UK, where there are a ton of big and good stadiums to play in all over the country, then I'd vote for it too!

And yeah, Sevilla and Betis have both lunatic fans, they turn specially lunatic when they face each other!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
I'm nervous and excited about the game tonight. The next few days are vitally important for our nation. We absolutely love football in this country and simply have to be at the World Cup in Brazil (for social, cultural and economical reasons).

It is in our own hands and both our games are at Wembley so there are no excuses.

We may not have beaten Montenegro in 3 games but we have lead against them in 2 of those games. If we find ourselves in the lead again tonight it is vital we find a way of converting that into victory. I always prefer teams to try and get a second to make sure but I have a feeling that Hodgson will try to defend the lead and extend it on the counter-attack if possible...which is why I won't mind if it's 0-0 at half-time.

According to the Daily Star, there is no place for Wilshere in the starting line up tonight but Rooney, Welbeck and Sturridge will all start...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/344378/Jack-Wilshere-s-heartbreak-as-Roy-Hodgson-smokes-him-out-of-England-squad

If they are right, the team is likely to be...

-------------Hart
Smalling Cahill Jagielka Baines
Milner Gerrard Lampard Welbeck
-----Sturridge----Rooney

I'm surprised Lampard starts alongside Gerrard in that formation. Carrick or Cleverley would have been a better choice for me.

·
GOAT
6,081 Posts
Hart
Walker Jagielka Cahill Baines
Gerrard Lampard
Townsend Rooney Welbeck
Strurridge
Gerrard and Lampard is an average combo but England should still be able to win this fairly comfortably.

·
http://www.viewsbank.com/referral/777a35d7
1,447 Posts
Gerrard and Lampard are now reaching that Scholes/Giggs hated by fans stage of their career. :LOL:

·
Banned
252 Posts
England still starting with Gerrard Lampard Midfield 2.

What could go wrong ?

sky is the limit..:devil:
its a defensive tactic..if you cant win ..then dont lose:cool:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
Well he's right. Neither are playing regular first team football, certainly not in their favoured position, 2 years after being the standout performers in the U-21 tournament. You could argue they're still talented, but I don't so how anyone could say they've significantly improved since. Ask any Blackburn fan and they'll tell you they're sickened with how we've used Phil Jones and as for Smalling, his best season was 2011.

241 - 260 of 293 Posts