Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have to be, no contest.

If you consider the "potential" there, Gerrard; Lampard, Rooney, Rio etc etc and their performances - we have to have the worst international team on the planet. They are so bad they are dire. Its an embarrassment to watch. :eek:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
heh....I dont know what i can say about it....

Many stars plays for England, but England haves poor results...

I think Capello must use stars+good players,otherwise we are like Real Madrid(have stars,havent result).

:)

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
well mate i dont agree at all

it like chemistry you cant put every powder with each other to get something good it explose or simply dont work

capello

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
well mate i dont agree at all

it like chemistry you cant put every powder with each other to get something good it explose or simply dont work

capello have to work out the team for me gerrard play the same like lampard that no good puts this 2 play together

------------------------------------joe cole ------------------------------------------

-----rooney----------------------------------------------crouch/owen/etc

this really work and putting lampard gerrard together is ******

capello must work more with the midfield they dont rotate much with themselve i mean they take support from def or striker which result striker to come back to take ball more like rooney do no one to cover i think joe cole playing between is very good

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I'd Pick this formation for England:

GK:Green

RB:Wes
CB:Terry
CB:Ferdinand
LB:A.Cole

RM:Beckham
LM:Joe Cole
CM:Gerrard
CM:Lampard

FW:Rooney
FW:Agbonlahor

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Lmao :D
You English are such doom and Gloom merchants.
Ffs the WORST International team??? :rolleyes: You should be happy to have
the players you have and get behind your team. Im sure the following
woul LOVE to be as 'bad' as England:
San Marino
American Samoa
Guam
Cook Islands
Anguilla
Timor-Leste
Montserrat
Papua New Guinea

Cos they are the worst teams lol

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Its obvious we don't have the technical players like other countires do, but what do you think of this...

If SOMEHOW Cappello can pursuade Scholes to return then how about this team:

-----------------------------James------------------------------

Neville-------------Rio----------------Terry--------------A.Cole

Hargreaves-------Carrick---------Scholes-------------J.Cole

--------------------------Rooney----Owen---------------------------

That is very similar to our CL final team, and if we get into a midfield battle we can just play 3 CM's with Hargreaves, Scholes and Carrick.

What do you think? I think we could do really well as the 2 best technical players and passers are in the midfield, both know each others game inside out and we have Hargreaves who can run all day (we saw how good he was in the final) and Cole is very gifted technically aswell.

The only 'if' for me is weather Owen is good enough anymore.

But anyway what do people think of that?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
i think he means the worst team performers.... they easily have one of the best squads in the world, and they dont look like it when they play.
So yeah id say one of the worst teams performence wise

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
---------------------- James------------------------

Brown------Rio--------------Terry--------------A.Cole

----------------------Barry-----------------------------

--------------Gerard-------Lampard-----------------

---Rooney------------------------------J.Cole---

----------------Owen/Crouch-------------------

i seen this formation yesterday in an artical by a very respected prem manager,
and i think its pretty good

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jazz 16 said:
Lmao :D
You English are such doom and Gloom merchants.
Ffs the WORST International team??? :rolleyes: You should be happy to have
the players you have and get behind your team. Im sure the following
woul LOVE to be as 'bad' as England:
San Marino
American Samoa
Guam
Cook Islands
Anguilla
Timor-Leste
Montserrat
Papua New Guinea

Cos they are the worst teams lol
You misinterpret my thread. We are the worst because we have such GOOD players who CONSISTENTLY under perform. Name me a single player in any of those teams you refer too that can be compared? All who play for those teams do so with love, pride and honour.

Nobody expects those teams to win the World Cup, but they do have something that England do not, the will.

England are NOT a TEAM

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Red Devil said:
You misinterpret my thread. We are the worst because we have such GOOD players who CONSISTENTLY under perform. Name me a single player in any of those teams you refer too that can be compared? All who play for those teams do so with love, pride and honour.

Nobody expects those teams to win the World Cup, but they do have something that England do not, the will.

England are NOT a TEAM
Ok fair enough RD.....though I still think you are being harsh on your national team. Why cant you give the manager a bit of time to get his ideas across? Capello has only been in the job a few months and people are already on his back :rolleyes: Wait and see, but I reckon England will get to the semi's or better in the next World Cup. It takes time and it will come together. No team in World football can be consistently good over many many years (not Incl. Brazil back in the day). Its a tough job and the players do try. To suggest they dont care or try is ridiculous imo.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Certainly the biggest bottlers and most boring team. Too old as well, you should be trying some of the younger players imo if you want to get back to your former glory of losing after an agonizing penalty shootout in the quarters.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
England should be thinking of winning the world cup, they really should!
Nobody says they dont try, they need to gel and they need team spirit.
They try there hardest but nothing works, i cant put my finger on it.
I just think mabe its down to the way they are in the dressing room, is there tension there, do rio and jt really like each other or is there rivalary there.
Gerrard and lamps, they like each other.
England do try............. But not as one, not as a team!!! my view

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
if England fans don't abuse and slag our players engalnd will perform better :mad:
Another excellent point.

"Phil and I went straight out to have a look at the Wembley pitch and were greeted by a chorus of 'Stand Up If You Hate Man U'. We've had this abuse before playing for England, but over the last year it's got worse!." - Gary Neville

England have a large Combat 18/National Front/facist following where as United are probably the most multi-culture supported club in Britain!

Not to mention, Steve Bruce didn't get one cap! One of the best CBs of all time. NOT ONE CAP.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
add up to your points piazza

Rio didn't get the arm band

Andy Cole didn't get a call for the world cup 98 even being one of the top goalscorers in the season before

Etc...

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Our players are very arrogant. Before the match vs Croatia Owen said something like "not 1 of there players would get into our team" - thats what I'm on about. You saw Lampard with his contract the other week thinking he is worth 151k a week, half our players big ego's are too big.

Its like the Madrid galactico era, too many ego's in a dressing room had a bad effect (I'm not comparing the talents, more the mentality)

Plus technically our players are no where near other countries. At club level they have foreigners there to help cover it but it gets exposed at international level, for instance:

Gerrard - World class player but he does run about a fair bit and his positioning isn't the best which is why top managers don't like him at CM.

Lampard - His main talent is his timing in the box and his predetory insticts, not passing or contoling the game.

Barry - very average IMO. The only reason people like him so much is that he plays well for Villa so people think we should have him in as he's a good player not in the top 4 teams.

Its a fact that most teams have ball players/retainers at CM. the ONLY ball retainers we have are Carrick and Scholes, one of whom is retired.

We have no balance.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
IMO, one of the best moves England could make, is naturalizing Mikel Arteta. They need "ball players/retainers at CM." Just like TheManc said.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts