Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have to be, no contest.

If you consider the "potential" there, Gerrard; Lampard, Rooney, Rio etc etc and their performances - we have to have the worst international team on the planet. They are so bad they are dire. Its an embarrassment to watch. :eek:

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jazz 16 said:
Lmao :D
You English are such doom and Gloom merchants.
Ffs the WORST International team??? :rolleyes: You should be happy to have
the players you have and get behind your team. Im sure the following
woul LOVE to be as 'bad' as England:
San Marino
American Samoa
Guam
Cook Islands
Anguilla
Timor-Leste
Montserrat
Papua New Guinea

Cos they are the worst teams lol
You misinterpret my thread. We are the worst because we have such GOOD players who CONSISTENTLY under perform. Name me a single player in any of those teams you refer too that can be compared? All who play for those teams do so with love, pride and honour.

Nobody expects those teams to win the World Cup, but they do have something that England do not, the will.

England are NOT a TEAM

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Jazz 16 said:
Ok fair enough RD.....though I still think you are being harsh on your national team. Why cant you give the manager a bit of time to get his ideas across? Capello has only been in the job a few months and people are already on his back :rolleyes: Wait and see, but I reckon England will get to the semi's or better in the next World Cup. It takes time and it will come together. No team in World football can be consistently good over many many years (not Incl. Brazil back in the day). Its a tough job and the players do try. To suggest they dont care or try is ridiculous imo.

I never even mentioned the manager. No, these players have been like this since pre McClaren, its nothing new. I do not think they do care. Their salaries are all they care about. Any player playing for England should play for nothing, for the honour of pulling that famous shirt on. The last person I can truthfully say always played 100% for England was Bryan Robson.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The players are lazy, I do not give Capello much of a chance but wish him well. There is very little competition for places, thats half the problem.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Jazz 16 said:
tut tut tut, oh ye of little faith ;)
Guilty as charged, but, when typed, was true. But, credit where credit is due. They got better, but still only half way to qualification.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts