Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprised there's no thread for the U-21's already. I've watched them quite a bit already, and they are in action against Iceland tonight. If England win it will be the first time they've gone the first 5 games unbeaten in the season. Quite a strong team out. United's representation is on the bench with both William Keane and Ben Amos waiting for a chance.

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Neville takes England role | Football News | Sky Sports

Everton have confirmed that their captain Phil Neville has accepted an invitation from the Football Association to be part of the England Under-21 backroom staff next week.

England are currently looking for a new senior coach, and as a result Under 21 boss Stuart Pearce is taking charge of the Three Lions.

With Pearce on senior duty, youth coaches Brian Eastick and John Peacock have been promoted to the Under 21s and they have invited Neville to help them ahead of the game with Belgium at Middlesbrough.

Everton revealed that Neville was looking at a possible coaching career and this could be his first steps towards that.

In what is a crucial game England, who are currently top of Group 8, take on Belgium, who are second, four points behind.

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Through to the Euro's.

Bad scenes at the End, Danny Rose sent off after confronting the crowed after he was racially abused. Fights brok out and flares were throwing on the pitch.

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ref'd an absoulete disgrace for showing Rose that red card.

Also, UEFA have already said Serbia will face heavy fines and bans, if they had anymore trouble with fans.

S

·
0 Posts
The ref'd an absoulete disgrace for showing Rose that red card.

Also, UEFA have already said Serbia will face heavy fines and bans, if they had anymore trouble with fans.
Lets see if UEFA act like they should do.

Should be banned from hosting all home games for the next 2 years at least.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
The first I saw/heard of this was when ESPN reported on it and showed the pictures in the build-up to the Scotland game.

It's completely disgusting, and it's about time UEFA do something about it. They
way they sweep things like this under the carpet is pretty disgraceful. It's even worse when you consider that they like to preach about their "Respect" campaign.

Instead of handing out pathetic fines, they need to hit them a lot harder - measures such as making them play their games behind closed doors, moving their games to a neutral venue outside of the country etc at the very least. That's the only chance you've got that things will change.

As well as this though, you've got to wonder what the respective FA are doing. I think it's pretty unlikely this is only showing itself during international games, so are they clamping down on anything like this domestically?

·
Registered
672 Posts
As well as this though, you've got to wonder what the respective FA are doing. I think it's pretty unlikely this is only showing itself during international games, so are they clamping down on anything like this domestically?
Well, I can tell you exactly what they do. Nothing, or next to nothing. Please don't get me started on that bunch of mafiosi.

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It seems nothing. Remember this a few years ago. The players had to get taken off the pitch. Vidic had to beg them to stop. They got a fine then and warned. Then again last year. They were fined and got a right telling off then. Now this.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ok, now I have to...

No, guys, seriously, the Serbian football is so currupt that nobody even pays any attention to the things like racism, nationalism or any such thing. Just to illustrate: We lost today to Macedonia 1-0, a side that we really should be beating. Starting line-up? No Ivanović, a European champions regular, no Subotić - a German champion regular, no Janković - a Serie A club (Genoa) captain, etc, etc. And why? So the players whose agent is a certain Albanian-Montenegrin, Fali Ramadani (currently under criminal investigation by Serbian police, but he's a German national, so I doubt even the police can arrest him or whatever), and who is a very good "friend" of almost every important person in Serbian football, can get playing time (City's Nastasić is one of them). When the selection of the national side is such a joke, you can imagine how much those guys in the Serbian FA care about racism, "Respect" campaign, fair-play or similair things. UEFA would actually do the Serbian football a favour by throwing it out of all international competition for 4-5 yrs, thus depriving the totally corrupt FA of the majority of the bribes they recieve for manipulating the national side in a way that suits people who basically treat players like cattle, and all of those in the country who still haven't lost all interest in domestic football like fools. Because of that, and it's only worse on club level, decent people stay at home and watch the Premier League or the Spanish League or the Bundesliga, and football crowds consist almost entirely of nationalist hooligans. So, a drastic action of UEFA would be, in fact, very much welcome, but it will probably stop short of that, and there will be only fines, and maybe, just maybe, one or two match ban. All that is just plain APPALLING. And all that was partly, if not entirely, behind the Vidić's decision to retire from international football. Football here has died, but it can not be resurrected unless it's properly buried. UEFA should do it, but it won't. And unless the police is finally given a free hand to bring that criminal organization to justice, it can linger on and on.

·
Registered
672 Posts
At least, that guy in Den Haag is where he should be.

Edit: and...more of the same from a Serbian web portal (Mondo) youtube account:

0:30 - the announcer begs the crowd to support their team in a "fair and sportsmanship-like" manner, but in vain... Some players and some members of the coaching staff are also a disgrace. Horrible.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
At least, that guy in Den Haag is where he should be.

Edit: and...more of the same from a Serbian web portal (Mondo) youtube account:

0:30 - the announcer begs the crowd to support their team in a "fair and sportsmanship-like" manner, but in vain... Some players and some members of the coaching staff are also a disgrace. Horrible.
Horrible, why did he attack Rose like that? I'm sure Serbia as a whole is not like that, but a severe ban is needed I'm sick of seeing things like this happen.

·
Your arms are just too short to box with God
30,116 Posts
They have to be banned for fuck's sake. How many times are they going to get measly, worthless fines and warnings?? If UEFA are serious about stamping out racism then do it properly and ban Serbia from International competition for a couple of years. They can make them play behind closed doors but that won't work in my opinion as it could make them feel "hard done by". An actual ban from competition sends out a much stronger message that racism and that scenes like the above are not to be tolerated.

·
The White Heskey
8,606 Posts
Serbian FA have denied any forms of racism and say Danny Rose behaved in an inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner towards their fans...absolutely ludicrous :LOL: :ROFL:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts