Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatures/2012/alex-horne-statement-serbia.aspx

FA General Statement Alex Horne has made a statement following the events in Serbia on Tuesday night where England Under-21s players were subjected to racial abuse.

“We were shocked and appalled by the disgraceful events that occurred in Serbia last night.

“Our players and staff were subjected to racial abuse, violence as well as missiles being thrown at them throughout the match. What occurred is inexcusable and not acceptable.

“After collating evidence from those present, including an FA crowd advisor, we are making a formal complaint to UEFA today (Wednesday).

“We call on UEFA to take the strongest possible action against the Serbian FA, their supporters and anyone found guilty of being involved in the numerous instances of violence and abuse.

“We have also been in contact with UEFA’s senior executives to express our deep concern at this matter.

“It is also clear that we must defend Danny Rose, who was sent off due to the frustration of being a target of racial abuse.

“FA officials made UEFA officials aware of racist abuse from sections of the crowd aimed at a number of England’s black players at half-time on Tuesday evening.

“This matter was discussed again during a meeting with UEFA after those disgraceful scenes which followed the final whistle.

“No football team should be asked to play in any environment where racial abuse, violence and threatening behaviour is prevalent. We must question the validity of sending a team to Serbia in the future.

“We look forward to UEFA dealing with last night's events as a matter of urgency.”

·
Registered
672 Posts
Public statement of the FA of Serbia

Official statement of our organisation on the matter of the incidents seen on the last night's match of the U21 teams of Serbia and England
In view of the incidents seen on the last night's second-leg match between U21 teams of Serbia and England (0:1) and within play-offs for the 2013 European U-21 Championship in Israel, Football Association of Serbia issues the following
PUBLIC STATEMENT
From the very moment of arrival of the England U-21 team in Serbia, the FA of Serbia and all relevant officials and authorities made their best efforts in order to organise their stay in the best possible way and preparation of extremely important match. With regards to that, we emphasise that organisation of all events related to the match went by in the best possible way and there had been absolutely not one problem until the last minute of the match.
During each and every minute of the match, until the mentioned last one, sports atmosphere full of respecting fair-play spirit was at the pitch and the stands, from warming up of both of the teams, through national anthems and applauses of all the present when the English anthem finished.
Unfortunately, after the fourth minute of the additional time and the victory goal scored by the guest team, unpleasant scenes were seen at the pitch. And while most of the English team players celebrated the score, their player number 3, Danny Rose, behaved in inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner towards the supporters on the stands at the stadium in Kruševac, and for that he was shown a red card. Unfortunately, it would turn out that was the moment the incident, that later developed, had started.
Ugly scenes were seen. Football Association of Serbia apologizes to the guests from England and the overall football community because of the unsportsmanlike behaviour of a part of the technical staff and players of the Serbian U-21 team. By this we inform the overall public that we will, as a matter of urgency, start an internal disciplinary procedure and punish the culprits after reviewing all the reports. It will be done whether a possibly disciplinary procedure by the responsible UEFA bodies will be started or not. Furthermore, we will not either accept the fact that our players and members of the technical staff were provoked by the gesture of the English player Rose, since violence has no place at sports events. To be honest, we expect the same investigation from the English FA.
FA of Serbia absolutely refuses and denies that there were any occurrences of racism before and during the match at the stadium in Kruševac. Making connection between the seen incident - a fight between members of the two teams - and racism has absolutely no ground and we consider it to be a total malevolence.
In support of our statement, there are preliminary reports of the match officials at the match Serbia-England. None of them in any moment did mention racist situation and we expect that human and sports culture of our football friends from England will win over misinformation spread.
FA of Serbia congratulates the English U-21 team on both play-off victories and we wish them competition success in the European Championship in Israel.
Football Association of Serbia
http://www.fss.rs/sr/news/newsArchive/story/4828/Public+statement+of+the+FA+of+Serbia.html

In the part referring to the racial abuse of Danny Rose they're clearly out of touch with reality.

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Serbian FA and The FA have been charged. UEFA won't be making a stand this time then?

FA been charged for not controlling their players.

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Millsh what's the bad blood between these sides? Or do Serbian fans act like this against everyone?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Millsh what's the bad blood between these sides? Or do Serbian fans act like this against everyone?
Personally, I would restrict the "bad blood" term to U21s only, and I recon it started from this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/6753585.stm

I really don't remember the game that well, and I know I only watched the highlights, but it has to be that, because otherwise I really don't know what would it be. The worst is usually reserved for Serbia's local rivals like Bosnia or Croatia (their fans being just as bad), but...as I told you, large sections of "organized" football fans in Serbia are like football firms from the 80s and worse, in some aspects. The can make a mess of any game. Nobody really deals with that issue and many of those thugs somehow understood that, when on a football match, they can do just about anything they like.

Theres a more complex answer to your question, but it will require a lot of space. Or I can send you a pm when I have a bit more time than right now if you're interested.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Serbia is a fucking embarrassment, kick the fuckers out of FIFA it's been going on far too many times and tbf nobody will miss the cunts anyway, they're nobodies in football.

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Personally, I would restrict the "bad blood" term to U21s only, and I recon it started from this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/6753585.stm

I really don't remember the game that well, and I know I only watched the highlights, but it has to be that, because otherwise I really don't know what would it be. The worst is usually reserved for Serbia's local rivals like Bosnia or Croatia (their fans being just as bad), but...as I told you, large sections of "organized" football fans in Serbia are like football firms from the 80s and worse, in some aspects. The can make a mess of any game. Nobody really deals with that issue and many of those thugs somehow understood that, when on a football match, they can do just about anything they like.

Theres a more complex answer to your question, but it will require a lot of space. Or I can send you a pm when I have a bit more time than right now if you're interested.
Don't be mad it's fine. Sky were showing it all earlier with some highlights. It was crazy. How the ref managed to let it get like that is unbelievable. Any of the players could've been seriously hurt. Danny Rose said he had two stones thrown at him, and a seat was apparently thrown at Butland absouletely crazy.

I found it a bit odd. Normally you would expect a player or a few players starting it/making it worse. They showed a coach from Serbia, hitting a player, the assistant manager and Steven Caulker, before someone dragged him away. The players weren't angels, either tbf.

·
Registered
672 Posts
If the Serbian FA don't stand by their own words and fail to punish, at the very least, those members of the coaching staff & the players who took part in the incidents for such outrageous behaviour (even if using them as scapegoats), they can just as well abolish themselves as any sort of governing body. Look, I know you guys are angry, but believe me - the shame will always outlive the anger... There's a good article by J.Wilson in the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/oct/17/serbia-international-ban-last-resort

Although I do think that the ban option should be on the table right away. For Serbian national team own good.

Edit:

this is tomorrow's front page of "Blic", the Serbian national daily with the largest circulation

The main headline says: They embarrassed Serbia (better translation)

with the head (quite literally) of the Serbian FA above the photo of the players brawling
Hope this will put some pressure, if not on the FA, then at least on politicians to act.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hello all, First of all I was at that game in Krusevac and I can say only that many things wasn`t supposed to happen. Everything started when Danny scored and then he showed all Serbian fans finger. Then everything started. I know that this monkey sounds shouldn`t supposed to be there but that was reaction after all. Noone said anything when it was start of the game, that we listend England national anthem and you couldn`t hear any sound from stands, and even we apllaused at the end. I say only that this shouldn`t happend but please don`t judge if you weren`t there.
Sorry for my bad English.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hello all, First of all I was at that game in Krusevac and I can say only that many things wasn`t supposed to happen. Everything started when Danny scored and then he showed all Serbian fans finger. Then everything started. I know that this monkey sounds shouldn`t supposed to be there but that was reaction after all. Noone said anything when it was start of the game, that we listend England national anthem and you couldn`t hear any sound from stands, and even we apllaused at the end. I say only that this shouldn`t happend but please don`t judge if you weren`t there.
Ivice, if you were there, you should know who actually scored for England. Please don't do this, please. It's clear from the footage ( http://www.footytube.com/video/serbia-u21-england-u21-oct16-135715 ) that the crowd started throwing missiles right after the goal had been scored. Even if that had been the only thing that happened our FA would deserve a hefty fine. And since, as you must know, our fans have been continually provoking incidents for the last good few years, we would be facing bans for those missiles only. Showing the middle finger after that was bad but you can't say it was totally uncalled for (and also dealt with almost immediately - he got his second yellow card for that), but the "fans" reaction was...inexplicable. I'm still not able to get my head around it. Have friends in England and just don't know what to tell 'em. Honestly.

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Connor Wickham scored.

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Serbian police have charged 5 Serbian players and 2 English players. Both Assistant mangers charged.

·
Registered
672 Posts
At least the Serbian FA suspended two Serbian players for one year from playing for all national selections. Two members of the Serbian U21 coaching staff are also suspended from coaching for two years. Still nothing on racism...

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Steven Caulker and Lees are the England players that were charged.

·
Señor fluffy face.
7,315 Posts
Being gifted a win vs Austria right now, Ref is terrible, sent the GK off for rushing outside and getting the ball, but it then deflected off his arm.. straight red and England score from the freekick, then second half defender throws himself in to block a shot, turns his body, arms down .. but it hits his arm.. penalty and another straight red.

Terrible, terrible official.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts