Manchester United Talk banner

501 - 510 of 510 Posts

·
Hummmmmmm
3,255 Posts
Spain are world champions, European champions at international AND club level and at U21 level. :eek:
Yh but apart from Buscuits they have their best possible under 21 team out there. If the real Germany under 21 were there, they would've won it. Özil, Gotze, Hummel, muller, badstuber..etc

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
Yh but apart from Buscuits they have their best possible under 21 team out there. If the real Germany under 21 were there, they would've won it. Özil, Gotze, Hummel, muller, badstuber..etc
..but they weren't, so that's irrelevant. Some of those Germans you've mentioned are already stars for the German team, some of these Spanish players struggle to even get in the senior team.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Didn't know where to put this but I thought I'd put it here after England's poor performance.

Stuart Pearce signs new England Under-21s contract | Football | guardian.co.uk

I've not been particularly impressed, our style of play had all the same problems we suffer from in the first team. Was maybe a time for an overhaul and interview someone who has a real idea of an identity for the squad.

Hard to see who that can be, but Gareth Southgate seems to be saying the right noises about improvement at grass level. I'm not saying it should be him, but he and Trevor Brooking should be a two man interview team. I can't say I know who handles the interview process but you just feel it isn't proper footballing people.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
What they should do is promote the guy who managed the U-17s in the Euros last year up to U-19, then U-21, as that group of players get older. That way they establish relationships, a consistent playing style and who knows, maybe they can make an internal promotion for the senior job, rather than relying on the Premier League to produce a good English manager, which, let's face it, isn't going to happen.

Then again maybe that's the idea with Pearce.

501 - 510 of 510 Posts