Manchester United Talk banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
I can't be arsed
4,680 Posts
Moyes just pretty much confirmed Rooney wont play against Swansea
Huh?
He did not respond to the bait, to say whether he would be playing or not.
It is called a straight bat, here in England - but maybe not in Scotland! ;-)

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
A pretty insulting 7 minute cameo for Jones as he is by far and away England's best defender.
Sad but true, that a young defender still learning his trade is our best defender.

How Gerrard still gets ahead of Lampard in the team is beyond me. Gave the ball away a few times and just lacked any genuine pace. He can pull of the odd set peice and still has good technique but he needs to adapt his game more. I really hate the comparisons to Scholes because Scholes would ping 50 yard balls for fun, Gerrard does that every now and again. That is the gulf in class.

Walcott was a mixed bag. Sure, he got the goal, but the guy just doesn't want to run at people. He got better after his goal but he still frustrates me. Although Zaha's crossing wasn't much better, he seemed to have the run of the defender more so than Walcott.

Gif Welbeck's layoff for that Rooney shot anyone? Sexy play from Danny there!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
From a Scotland perspective, I was relatively pleased with the performance tonight. Started off the better team, played some decent stuff but tailed off and the legs went as the game went on. We're on the right course under Strachan atm, but still a lot of work still to do.

Decent game of football though.

·
Never argue with an idiot
2,463 Posts
Great to have this game back, bit of passion, bit of football, lots of beer, proper game, fun to watch. Fuck the world cup bring back the Blatterless home Internationals. :dance:

121 - 140 of 144 Posts