Manchester United Talk banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
F.U.B.A.R.
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
From a Scotland perspective, I was relatively pleased with the performance tonight. Started off the better team, played some decent stuff but tailed off and the legs went as the game went on. We're on the right course under Strachan atm, but still a lot of work still to do.

Decent game of football though.

I am certainly more confident under Strachen. Defo signs of improvment. We are playing some decent football as well. All in all quite pleased. Now we have the return leg and see if England can manage 20,000+ fans for a midweek away fixture. :)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Fantastic game at Wembley last night. I wish all "friendlies" were like that!

Wonderful pass from Cleverley for England's 1st goal and a super header from Welbeck for the 2nd equaliser.

I'm absolutely delighted for Rickie Lambert too. Dreams do come true!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Chamberlain is a lot better in central midfield than Cleverley.
Against a decent team (no offense to scotland) chamberlain would be less effective in such a role. Cleverley isn't an all action midfielder, but he has other qualities like ball retention and movement that you need in the bigger games.

On the performance it was what you come to expect from england. Not enough slick play. Too many aimless long balls from people like gerrard and our poor defence gifted scotland the second goal. The standout players were wilshire and wellbeck. Rooney looked off the pace and walker one dimensional.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts