Manchester United Talk banner

England vs Moldova

4K views 54 replies 21 participants last post by  Tombstone 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I just cannot understand this Lampard/Gerrard axis fascination. It is almost like Hodgson [and predecessors] are petrified of the press onslaught if either is dropped. Nearly every non aligned fan, however, recognises they are crap together.

Lampard's place will be justified by him scoring a penalty, probably from a Walcott run

#9 ·
#England team v Moldova: Hart; Walker, Cole, Jagielka, Cahill; Gerrard (c), Lampard, Wilshere; Lambert, Walcott, Welbeck
Fuck me. No wonder Greg **** has abandoned all hope of a World Cup win a year in advance. I know we've got a few injuries but who would play if everybody was fit? Rooney and possibly Sturridge. The rest of that side is much as it would be if we had a fully fit set. We really have an extremely average set of players. Ah well, at least they can't call us "underachievers" anymore.

No Carrick or Baines strangely.
Not really strange that Baines isn't in there. he's still definitely behind Cashley in the pecking order. The fact that he didn't move to United is unlikely to see him usurp him anytime soon either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.