Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I hope Aaron Lennon gets a run out. He's been playing really well for Spurs recently. Still needs to work on his final ball though. :rolleyes:

Our striking options look pretty limited to me with just Rooney, Heskey & Cole (Crouch is likely to miss this game). I hope Capello tries playing Gerrard in his Liverpool role i.e. just off the main striker (Rooney) and leaves Heskey and Cole on the bench. That way he can play Carrick and Barry...or possibly even accomodate Lampard in the starting line-up if he plays Barry on the left or alongside Barry/Carrick.

I'd go for a starting line-up of...

James
Johnson Terry Rio Cole
Beckham Carrick Barry Downing
Gerrard
Rooney

...and then swap Foster for James, Upson for Rio, Lennon for Beckham, Lampard for Downing and Heskey & Cole for Gerrard & Rooney during the game.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
as for downing, im sure there are better english players :confused:
There are but...

Joe Cole is injured.
Ashley Young seems to have paid for Villa's recent poor form with his England place.
SWP who has played on the left for England is likely to miss the Slovakia game.
I'd prefer to see Lennon on the right.

For me, the only options for the left side against Slovakia are Downing, Barry or Gerrard. I think Gerrard would be wasted on the left and I'd prefer to see Barry in the centre...so that just leaves Downing.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
From what I've read with what Capello and the players are saying I think this will be the line up but I'm not sure..
-----------James/Foster

Johnson---Ferdinand---Terry---Cole

Lennon/Beckham----Gerrard----Lampard--Barry/Downing

-----------Rooney----Crouch

This is who I would choose:

------------------James

Johnson---Ferdinand---Terry---Cole

Lennon----Gerrard----Carrick---Barry

-----------Rooney----Crouch

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
OMFG SPOT ON lennon is ******* class! why no one relise this!?

as for downing, im sure there are better english players :confused:
Lennon is not class. He has no end product, we say that in the League Cup final. As good as anyone running at players, but it's the final product which is what's needed.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Line Ups

England: James, Johnson, Upson, Terry, A.Cole, Lennon, Lampard, Barry,Gerrard Rooney, Heskey {Subs} Green, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Carrick, Beckham, Downing, C. Cole, Crouch, Foster

Slovakia: Senecky, Pekarik, Valachovic, Skrtel, Cech, Sestak, Zabavnik, Karahan, Kozak, Hamsik, Vittek {Subs} Mucha, Cisosvky, Kratochvil, Dobrotka, Sapara, Strba, Obzera, Mintal, Holsko, Jendrisek, Jakubko, Kamenar

1 - 20 of 101 Posts