Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not meant for serious discussion but I have to laugh. I have just posted this in a scientific forum and the arguements are already flying for and against!

If you go down to the sub atomic level, quantum level, inside dna and you have the movement of electrons and protons. DNA is a protein machine. Genes are turned on, or off, by the movement of electrons and protons. Sub atomic particles exist in a quantum state of potential. Two possibilities alive at the same time! It is the local environment that causes these potentialities to be, or not. If a gene has the potential to be in two places at once, it is in both places at once. And the gene is both on and off at the same tme until "something" measures it.

It is the environment that measures it and the environment of a gene is the DNA molecule itself! Therefore constant cellular measurement is the engine of evolution. Evolution is not a slow process either, it can be almost instantaneous.

If you place a variant of e.coli that can not digest lactose in a lactose rich environment 98% will die - BUT 2% will, sub atomically, switch on a lactose digesting enzyme and will, consequently, survive then grow.

We are our own Gods!!

S

·
0 Posts
Reading what you said i have came to this conclusion.

Next time, in promulgating your esoteric cogitations, or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable, philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your conversational communications possess a clarified conciseness, a compacted comprehensibleness, coalescent consistency, and a concatenated cogency. Eschew all conglomerations of flatulent garrulity, jejune babblement, and asinine affectations.

Let your extemporaneous descantings and unpremeditated expatiations have intelligibility and veracious vivacity, without rodomontade or thrasonical bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic profundity, pompous prolixity, psittaceous vacuity ventriloquial verbosity, and vaniloquent vapidity. Shun double-entendres, prurient jocosity, and pestiferous profanity, obscurant or apparent!!

I am my own god !!

·
23,699 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Reading what you said i have came to this conclusion.

Next time, in promulgating your esoteric cogitations, or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable, philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your conversational communications possess a clarified conciseness, a compacted comprehensibleness, coalescent consistency, and a concatenated cogency. Eschew all conglomerations of flatulent garrulity, jejune babblement, and asinine affectations.

Let your extemporaneous descantings and unpremeditated expatiations have intelligibility and veracious vivacity, without rodomontade or thrasonical bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic profundity, pompous prolixity, psittaceous vacuity ventriloquial verbosity, and vaniloquent vapidity. Shun double-entendres, prurient jocosity, and pestiferous profanity, obscurant or apparent!!

I am my own god !!

Lol. Looks like it will be a two-man thread. :D

Oh, who else can save us from this duopoly? Osirius?!

·
23,699 Posts
Red Devil said:
You mean Osiris?
Typo error. ;)

Yeah, you still have fond memories of him? Wonder why he made such a grand entrance and then disappeared, leaving his fans high and dry.:eek:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love your reply Keano! - classic. It has caused quite a discussion on the scientific forum I am a member of. Needless to say the religious, bible belters from the USA are now claiming that god is a geneticist/physicist/etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts