Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
He was a great player but he was a little overated in terms of his footballing talents, he wasn't as effective in europe as he could have been. However his attitude and influence and the club where what mattered the most, he got players training and doing important things that helped mold the united teams of the future.
He helped turn united from a good team into something special, players like scholes,giggs,beckham etc all benefited greatly from his attitude in training and his technical skill.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Look even ferguson thinks what i am saying is right, cantona didn't step his game up on the european nights, he was a great player but his influence at the club is what made him the legend he is.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I said a little overated and it's true alot of people talk about him like he was as good as zidane or people like that and that isn't the case. I said he was a great player but it wasn't just his play that made him a legend it was the way he took the club forward and influenced the young players at the club. Ferguson even thought that eric was a little tame in europe compared to the way he could dominate in the league. Also considering you are only a few years older tham me i think age has got little to do with anything, i don't like it when people come up with stupid comments like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts