Manchester United Talk banner

Essien could be injured for up to 6 months!

2K views 34 replies 27 participants last post by  Sownak27 
#1 ·
Ess faces six-month KO
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1664045.ece

From ANTONY KASTRINAKIS

MICHAEL ESSIEN could be ruled out for SIX MONTHS with a cruciate ligament injury.

SunSport has learnt the Chelsea midfielder, who was injured playing for Ghana against Libya on Friday, may have to go under the knife.

A Blues insider revealed: “After undergoing an examination, Michael's injury seems to be a lot worse than previously thought. He may have to have an operation.â€

The player's agent Fabien Piveteau said: “Unfortunately it's not good news.

“I am afraid it's a big problem. A big problem.

“He's taken a bad blow to the knee. I don't know exact details but I think it's not good.

“I don't know what will happen. It's now two or three times that he has taken blows to his knee.â€

Essien, 25, missed Chelsea's opener against Portsmouth due to injury but came back to face Wigan and Spurs.

A couple of days ago he appeared upbeat about his current problem, saying he would be out for a few weeks.

Now it seems the damage is far more serious — and that is a massive blow for Blues boss Big Phil Scolari.

- I know it's the Sun, but his agent saying "It's a big problem" sounds exactly that. He will be a big loss to Chelsea, as I consider him their finest midfield player ahead of Lamps and Ballack.

See less See more
#10 ·
He's something like Makelele used to be in Real Madrid. Not a Star, but he's priceless for his team because of his enthusiasm and ability to do dirt work.

But I still think Ronaldo is better for us than Essien for Chelsea. He lifts his team's performace but doesn't score decisive goals.

His possible absence is bad news for Chelsea, though.

#11 ·
good news for us.....not so for them!!! ;)

he is a good player and priceless to them...they will sorely miss him...but they have good cover in mikel....
they will cause us a lot of problems and we will hvae to wait and see how big a problem as there are possibilities of injuries and that can hamper our chances as well.........
and one more thing is the game is at the bridge..... :(
we have to go all out and win this........or atleast get a result out of it....!!

#12 ·
utd might have a lucky break here if essien is injured ,chelsea will surely miss this great player and with gerrard also missing for liverpool utd can get something from both games.
if we can stay with chelsea until ronaldo is firing again we will have a great chance of getting the hat trick {3 titles in a row} which is a lot harder to do than most fans realize.

#14 ·
seems like players are being injured just when utd are coming!! ;)
lol...torres and gerrard out for pool right??? lmao!!
wont be an easy game though.....it will be tough....

chelsea is the main problem...they have a great team with good depth and as i told before they have mikel as cover for essien...

#19 ·
Ya would be excellent news if he was injured I'd be v confident of taking them if he was, he's the heartbeat of that midfield, Deco wouldn be able to have the same impact without him... Lampard will be nowhere to be seen as always, is Ballack injured also or is that my imagination?

Hopefully we'll have Hargreaves fit by then, I expect two victories against Liverpool and the Rentboys

#24 ·
Essien is one of the best midfielders in the World but Chelsea still have great
alternatives in the shape of Lampard, Mikel, Ballack and Deco. If any team
(apart from United) could afford to lose a midfielder its definitely Chelsea.
Sure they were playing him at RB last season at times.
Anyway, Chelsea's loss is everyone else's gain, but I do wish him well in his
recovery as its a crappy time for the player involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.