Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cameroonian hitman told a press conference, "I would have preferred Chelsea or Manchester United, because then you're going into a game that you know is tough, and you're more prepared.

"The knockout rounds can be a trap. Hopefully we won't fall into one here, and we'll play well and advance."

No Complacency

While Eto'o readily admitted that many people around the club seemed to prefer the Schalke draw, he urged caution.

"I have lots of respect for Schalke 04," he said.

"They'll not make it easy for us, but we'll do everything we can to progress.

"If we play to one hundred percent of our abilities, and remain concentrated, there's no rival that we can't beat."

The Treble?

Eto'o discussed the words of Real Madrid 'keeper Iker Casillas, who claimed that he'd rather be in the blaugrana's boots because, while FCB are second in the Liga, they can win all three big competitions.

"I thank him, but I would also want to change the situation in the Liga and be eight points clear of second," said the former Mallorca man.

"We want to win three tournaments and take responsibility."

To that end, he explained that there is little point in obsessing over Madrid.

"It depends on our ability to react, but if we think about Madrid every day, we won't win," he stated.

"We can't think of Madrid: we just must cut the deficit day by day. There are eleven matchdays left and many points to go, so on Sunday we need to step onto the pitch and win without thinking of them."

The forward recently hit the 100 game mark at Barcelona, and is eager for more.

"I hope to reach 200, scoring more goals and helping the team win titles," he said.

"A tactical shift? I'll even play as goalkeeper."

The Coach

Eto'o spoke with somewhat more steel in his voice when discussing the "lack of respect" shown to coach Frank Rijkaard by the press, who often public lists of possible successors.

"There has been talk of Laudrup, Mourinho and so on," seethed the forward.

"Rijkaard is doing a great job, and now we need to work hard for three months."

Samuel was speaking at a charitable event for a foundation of his that aims to help young Cameroonians with severe illnesses.

http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=622158

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yeah E'to imo would fit in perfectly to the United way. We need a clinical striker because Saha cannot keep fit for the whole season and we need 4 strikers like we did in the treble year and plus look at the other squads and especially our rivals?

They all got 4 strikers! Sheva, Anelka, Drogba, Kalou; Van Persie, Eduardo, Bendtner, Adebayor; Torres, Kuyt, Voronin, Crouch;

A striker as well as a right back are first priorities this summer but not any striker like a second striker but a clinical striker just like ruud was and E'to would be ideal. I wouldn't mind Villa, Huntelaar or Aguero either.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
After some of Barcelona's recent performances, i wouldn't totally right off Shalke just yet. If they hvae an off day, the Germans might snatch it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
now we are back to UCL...yeah...barca has been having a rough few weeks without messi.....they will really miss him...they have players to fill that position but they do not have players of messi's quality.....ronaldinho has been in and out of form,henry is frustrated there,messi is injured......full problems....would like to beat them in the semi's though ;)

·
Banned
198 Posts
NateR said:
After some of Barcelona's recent performances, i wouldn't totally right off Shalke just yet. If they hvae an off day, the Germans might snatch it.
Ditto mate.

And how has Eto'o only now played 100 games for Barcelona :confused: He's been there for ages! 3yrs at least at 33games a season. That's ridiculous. Ronaldo has close to 100 goals for Manchester United, let alone 100 games that he prob got in his 2nd year here.

why has he played so few games for Barcelona :s

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
I'd have loved to get Barce. Still though, can't wait till the semi-final against
them! :p.....am I being too optimistic? lol....Anyway, we'l see, he might have his
wish come true

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
pass_me_a_rizla said:
Ditto mate.

And how has Eto'o only now played 100 games for Barcelona :confused: He's been there for ages! 3yrs at least at 33games a season. That's ridiculous. Ronaldo has close to 100 goals for Manchester United, let alone 100 games that he prob got in his 2nd year here.

why has he played so few games for Barcelona :s
It was his 100th League game. He suffered that major injury last season which kept him out for nearly 6 months. He suffered another one this year and there was the ACON too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would much prefer eto'o to henry as he is qucker..stronger...much more skillful... and has a better scoring ratio!!! bring him 2 da theatre of dreams Fergie!!!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
akash_reds said:
when did this become about transfers???? :confused:
^Ditto! Hey come on' guys, this thread is about Samuel Eto'o stating that he
would personally prefer meeting either Chelsea or United in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final stage,
not about him stating that he prefers to play for either Chelsea or United instead of Barca currently!
Read the story of the reported article, not juz' the headlines in case ue actually mis-interpret the subject of the
piece of article, which I believed many of ue over here did ;)

And back to the point, nvm about what Samuel Eto'o says now.
We, United, should focus truly on what we should be doin' right now.
And that is to defeat AS Roma in both the legs of the quarter-final stage,
not deciding what type of tactical formation should Fergie apply against Barca.
We haven't even manage to successfully progress to the semi-final stage
& everybody already counting ur chicks before they hatch. Who knows,
United may be knocked out or even Barca may lost to Schalke 04!! ;)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Ha when i saw this i thought oh yeah Eto'o interested in joining us :p
But ... :( no but i get whats hes saying and he will get it next round i suppose :p !

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
red_devils4life said:
^Ditto! Hey come on' guys, this thread is about Samuel Eto'o stating that he
would personally prefer meeting either Chelsea or United in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final stage,
not about him stating that he prefers to play for either Chelsea or United instead of Barca currently!
Read the story of the reported article, not juz' the headlines in case ue actually mis-interpret the subject of the
piece of article, which I believed many of ue over here did ;)

And back to the point, nvm about what Samuel Eto'o says now.
We, United, should focus truly on what we should be doin' right now.
And that is to defeat AS Roma in both the legs of the quarter-final stage,
not deciding what type of tactical formation should Fergie apply against Barca.
We haven't even manage to successfully progress to the semi-final stage
& everybody already counting ur chicks before they hatch. Who knows,
United may be knocked out or even Barca may lost to Schalke 04!! ;)
Brilliant lol:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts