Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Reds add third Norwegian youngster to their ranks

http://manunitedyouth.wordpress.com/2009/01/27/reds-add-third-norwegian-youngster-to-their-ranks/

United have completed the signing of Norway Under-16 captain Etzaz Hussain from third-tier side Langhus IL.

The 16 year-old will join the Reds in early February, and is expected to sign on a contract through until the summer of 2012. The young Norwegian first came to United's attention at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's football school in Kristiansund (just like Joshua King and Magnus Eikrem previously), and has since impressed the coaches at Carrington in a number of trial spells, most recently playing in three U16 games last spring and then, as reported here, spending more time at the club last summer along with compatriots Christian Mork and Sanpreet Singh.

Etzaz is a predominantly left-sided wide midfield player with plenty of skill - perhaps a little on the slight side, but that rarely puts United off if the footballing ability is there. Currently skippering the Norwegian under-16 side in a tournament in Turkey, Etzaz has recieved great praise from his coach and has been singled out as the team's best player so far. He will head to Manchester with his family soon after fulfilling his international duties, and we can expect to see him in U18 action over the next couple of months.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
Well, let's hope he turns out great! Sorry if it's a bit naive - i'm having a positive day where i must be positive throughout - long story - anyway who knows he could turn out to be a norwegian pele lol

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
piazza said:
Maybe its time for English people to realize they aren't God's gift to football. After all, your talent can't be that immense if you didn't qualify for the Euros. There's acres more foreign talent out there, mostly due to the fact, that there are 200+ more countries to get talent from aside from England, and its a global game.
Dont you dare say another word or I will have you banned, I'm not joking. England is the home of football and we produce the best football. We might not win Ballon D'ors left right and centre but EVERY CLUB IN EUROPE would pay hundreds of millions for a Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, Rio, Lampard etc. Dont get me started about THAT Euro qualification.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Dont you dare say another word or I will have you banned, I'm not joking. England is the home of football and we produce the best football. We might not win Ballon D'ors left right and centre but EVERY CLUB IN EUROPE would pay hundreds of millions for a Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, Rio, Lampard etc. Dont get me started about THAT Euro qualification.
Well, piazza certainly got told.

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
Bang on justice... its exactly because people look to those 200+ countries that local english talent goes to waste or undeveloped.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Bang on justice... its exactly because people look to those 200+ countries that local english talent goes to waste or undeveloped.
No. A club aims to do its best and if foreign players are
better than homegrown players then they deserve to be
playing and not the homegrown players. Don't forget, these
players are paid thousands of pounds because the Premiership
is the great league it is, which is in great part thanks to foreigners.

Henry, Cantona, Bergkamp, Zola, just to name a few. If it wasn't
for foreigners the Premiership would be like the Polish League or
whatever, probably more homegrown talent but less well-paid and
less competitive.

English players have little to complain about, if they want first
team football they just need to look downwards. Kieran Richardson
is a perfect example.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
surely if they are good enough they will play, I mean just look at the likes of rooney, gerrard, lampard etc, the fact is I dont believe this ******** about young english players not getting enough opportunities, I mean just look at the facts, for example, it would have been a lot cheaper if we had sticked with Richardson instead of going out and buying Nani, but the fact is Richardson was shit and thats why we got rid of him.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
surely if they are good enough they will play, I mean just look at the likes of rooney, gerrard, lampard etc, the fact is I dont believe this ******** about young english players not getting enough opportunities, I mean just look at the facts, for example, it would have been a lot cheaper if we had sticked with Richardson instead of going out and buying Nani, but the fact is Richardson was shit and thats why we got rid of him.
Maybe Richardson would have been better if he got played more before he came to United and spent time at better acadamies and was trained by better coaches. By the time he came to us he had very little room for growth left.

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
I wasn't arguing against foreigners in the premiership or in our youth academies all together, i just feel a club should also look to look after its own community and to be fair to Richardson he did have a fairly good last season for us and but problem was inconsistency... bit like nani. I was more reacting to Justice's response to Piazza's comments on England as a sporting nation, my main problems are with lower league clubs charging over the odds for a english player after one good season, however, that's their perogative.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think I found Etzaz Hussein on facebook? Haha.

My friend supports the team he plays for.

She says:

He's good to be a Norwegian player (he's not Rice pudding (Riise) or Solskjær though;) ) Because of his age I think he has a long way to go before he'll be good in the English league...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.