Manchester United Talk banner

781 - 800 of 810 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #789
Female reporter v Dutch supporters. :LOL:
She has a nightmare. :ROFL:
Watch for the guy in the wheelchair :D (y)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
For a time, I was hoping that Denmark go through simply to see the underdog of the group going into the next round. But in the end, the two teams that got through deserved to. I don't think there was really much doubt about Germany, as they're one of the favourites and deservedly so. Portugal also did well in the end, two good wins for them.

I decided to watch Portugal-Holland, and I thought Portugal definitely deserved to win. Holland started quite well, scoring first, and looked as though they were up for it. However, Portugal really came back into the game and were the better team overall in the 90 minutes. Ronaldo's had some criticism for his performances in the first two games, some of which was deserved since he missed some great chances. But tonight, when his team needed him most he stepped up and score two very good goals.

As for Holland, it's fairly obvious that their tournament has been an absolute disaster. I can't see van Marwijk keeping his job. He's already had the dreaded "vote-of-confidence" after the second game. They really looked lost in the tournament, and I'm sure they'll have some work to do to rebuild.

·
Registered
556 Posts
World class athlete. Like Theo Walcott but knows how to shoot.
and..bigger, stronger, better footballing IQ, freekicks, headers, passing...hes really nothing like theo lol

great match today, so proud of our boys. a great collective effort. now the challenge will be to continue to play this way :)

oh and i understand nani should of finished that one sitter, but the negativity is not warranted, he looked dangerous and gave a healthy effort.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
finally got to the footballing Ronaldo ... but still not convinced about his team spirit .. today the situation helped him score since Holland had to play a higher line as they were the ones needing to score and they were always caught on every counter attack.. and with Ronaldo's pace and skill they did not have enough numbers to defend.... anyways nothing can be taken away from the footballing aspect of Ronaldo's game ... it was a treat to watch him in that form ... but will still question his attitude and team ethics

·
crushed like a bug in the ground
9,195 Posts
No, it was a birthday message for his son, who's turned 2 years today.
Has anyone ever seen his kid? I remember the details around the birth of his son being really strange.

In any case, Ronaldo was fantastic today but the shambles of a defence Holland have put out in this tournament helped him to no end. They truly were awful. Here's hoping van der Wiel does sign for Chelsea because he is a disgrace.

·
crushed like a bug in the ground
9,195 Posts
finally got to the footballing Ronaldo ... but still not convinced about his team spirit .. today the situation helped him score since Holland had to play a higher line as they were the ones needing to score and they were always caught on every counter attack.. and with Ronaldo's pace and skill they did not have enough numbers to defend.... anyways nothing can be taken away from the footballing aspect of Ronaldo's game ... it was a treat to watch him in that form ... but will still question his attitude and team ethics
I actually thought he worked hard for the team today. Certainly you can question his attitude towards his team mates at times, but today he was tracking back and trying to set up his team mates in attack.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Has anyone ever seen his kid? I remember the details around the birth of his son being really strange.

In any case, Ronaldo was fantastic today but the shambles of a defence Holland have put out in this tournament helped him to no end. They truly were awful. Here's hoping van der Wiel does sign for Chelsea because he is a disgrace.
There's pictures of him around. The most recent I remember is him and daddy in the Aventador.

·
Registered
310 Posts
WTF is wrong with Nani? He is like twice the player for Portugal...and a model of consistency. Apart form that one finish he was brilliant, hope he carries it to MUtd.
Even though I am Czech, I hope portuguese are gonna go far (I just wanna see CR7 and Nani play). Basically none of our defenders have much experience with Ronaldo type player (some don't even have experience with a Heskey type player ffs) and it should be a walk in the park for portugal...
Personally I don't give sh!t, just wanna see some good football, which is another reason why I'm not rooting for my nation.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
When Ronaldo and Nani play like that Portugal can beat anyone. Shame they still have Postiga up front.

781 - 800 of 810 Posts