Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Champions League - European Power Rankings

Eurosport - Tue, 15 Apr 23:29:00 2008

The inaugural Power Rankings title is likely to be decided over two games in Manchester and Barcelona at the end of this month after the top two both progressed to the Champions League semi-finals, where they now will meet each other in what promises to be a titanic battle.
FOOTBALL, Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United - 0
More Stories

* Dead man walking
* Fans call time on Grant

We take into account both domestic and European performances, plus the relative difficulty of each team's league, to find out who is the best team in Europe.

Manchester United hold on to top spot in our league having beaten Roma 1-0 to book their mouthwatering date with Barcelona before ending Arsenal's Premier League title hopes with a thrilling 2-1 win at Old Trafford on Sunday.

The Catalan giants remain in second place, despite having been held to a 2-2 draw by Recreativo in La Liga, and largely thanks to their Champions League win over Schalke.

Liverpool storm into third place after their win over Arsenal in the third instalment of their much-hyped trilogy was followed by a comfortable 3-1 victory over Blackburn at the weekend.

And with Chelsea moving into fifth - despite a 1-1 draw with Wigan - unsurprisingly that means four of the top five spots are taken by Champions League semi-finalists.

Just Internazionale in fourth place are intruding on the all-conquering quartet's dominance, with the Nerazzurri continuing to pick up regular points in Serie A.

The week's biggest fall guys are Fenerbahce, who failed to bounce back from their Champions League exit at the hands of Chelsea when they were held to a 2-2 draw by Ankaraspor at the weekend. The Istanbul club drop to 11th and a top ten finish is now looking like a tough challenge for Zico's men.

EUROPEAN POWER RANKINGS

1 (1) Manchester United - 24.76

2 (2) Barcelona - 22.38

3 (5) Liverpool - 20.96

4 (4) Internazionale - 20.74

5 (6) Chelsea - 20.53

6 (3) Arsenal - 20.44

7 (7) Porto - 20.17

8 (9) Sevilla - 19.97

9 (8) Roma - 19.26

10 (11) Everton - 19.97

11 (10) Fenerbahce - 18.52

12 (12) Real Madrid - 17.66

13 (13) Bayern - 17.31

14 (14) Hamburg - 16.75

15 (16) Olympiacos - 16.74

16 (15) Milan - 16.63

17 (20) Rangers - 16.44

18 (18) Werder Bremen - 16.29

19 (19) Fiorentina - 16.15

20 (17) Lyon - 16.15

HOW IT WORKS

Scores are based on points per game in domestic league and European games.

Domestic points per game are multiplied by the league coefficient - either 4, 4.5 or 5 - with teams in stronger leagues getting more credit.

Champions League (or Super Cup) victories are counted from the third qualifying round onward as three points for a win and multiplied by a coefficient of 5.

UEFA Cup victories are counted from the first round as three points for a win and multiplied by a coefficient of 4.

Domestic and European totals are then added together. If a side has played in both Champions League and UEFA Cup, its European total is an average of the two scores.

League coefficients:

England, Spain, Italy = 5

Germany, Portugal, France = 4.5

Others = 4

Example: Manchester United

80 points from 34 Premier League games = 2.35 points per game.

Multiplied by league coefficient of five - 2.35 x 5 = 11.76

26 points from 10 Champions League games (including qualifying) = 2.60 points per game.

Multiplied by Champions League coefficient of five - 12.50

Total score = 11.76 + 12.50 = 24.76
Mike Hytner / Eurosport
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16042008/58/champions-league-european-power-rankings.html

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
How are Barca 2nd, if it goes by games and stuff they have been abismal in the league this season yeah they may be 2nd but by there standards that's very poor.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fazman said:
Haven't you done this copied thread already rd4l
What 'copied thread' do you meant? I did quote a veritable source for all of my articles which I've posted in this forum mate. Get you facts right. :)

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
red_devils4life said:
What 'copied thread' do you meant? I did quote a veritable source for all of my articles which I've posted in this forum mate. Get you facts right. :)
Shut up when do u ever go to old trafford go away you little fool before i start a campaign against u

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fazman said:
Shut up when do u ever go to old trafford go away you little fool before i start a campaign against u
What has the postings of informative/interesting news article got to do with any issues regarding the visit to Old Trafford? And for the last time, I'm controlling myself before I actually unleash the volatile side of mine. If you really has no interest or whatsoever regarding this article, then it would be best if you don't post crap to increase you posts count.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
marty davidson said:
how can we be top if we ave not won the champion league in ages
I believe it's due to the sheer dominance of United Premiership over the past few decades. Besides the Mourinho-era's Chelsea, Arsenal are the only genuine challengers for the championship title. Just that, our domestice dominance, I think it's enough for United to top the list of rankings.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
rd4l isnt a red he is a day tripper who doesnt know nothing about the club

apart from the stuff he can google loser!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fazman said:
rd4l isnt a red he is a day tripper who doesnt know nothing about the club

apart from the stuff he can google loser!
Yeah you are absolutely spot-on there, I doesn't know nothing about the club because I know everything? Are you sure you aren't a bitter Scouser in disguise?
I asked you that question because you really do sounds like one IMO! Get your facts right mate, I actually posts the latest informative/interesting news article regarding United from a whole hosts of sites. Instead of receiving a word of recognition or two, I actually got slated off for my effort? And please, take back those derogatory, insulting remarks of yours ASAP! Get a life, will ya'?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Fazman, no need to be like that mate. That was uncalled for.
Rd4l is giving us info and articles and he clearly states the source,
so if you dont like it then dont read it and enough of the insulting comments too.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Yeah you are absolutely spot-on there, I doesn't know nothing about the club because I know everything? Are you sure you aren't a bitter Scouser in disguise?
I asked you that question because you really do sounds like one IMO! Get your facts right mate, I actually posts the latest informative/interesting news article regarding United from a whole hosts of sites. Instead of receiving a word of recognition or two, I actually got slated off for my effort? And please, take back those derogatory, insulting remarks of yours ASAP! Get a life, will ya'?

no i wont take them back im gonna ignore the liverpool comment u little idiot your known as a copier your info is a load of rubbish go back to your little life and leave united to us ok

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
fazman said:
no i wont take them back im gonna ignore the liverpool comment u little idiot your known as a copier your info is a load of rubbish go back to your little life and leave united to us ok
Faz cut it out NOW or you will regret it. Trust me.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Faz cut it out NOW or you will regret it. Trust me.

To be honest jazz im losing patience with this site so if your gonna ban me ban me because im sick of little kids from gods knows where talking about my club :mad:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
fazman said:
To be honest jazz im losing patience with this site so if your gonna ban me ban me because im sick of little kids from gods knows where talking about my club :mad:
Im not going to ban you if you cut it out now. Your a good lad but you cant
carry on like that. Its not fair on the other member.
There are other ways to vent your frustration ;) , just cool it and leave it out.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fazman said:
Right here you are, discouraging a fellow United supporter from sharing a good informative article which other members in this forum may find it an interesting read. You have so much spare time in hand to accuse another member of copying threads from a foreign site, don't you think it's totally unnecessary and instead, makes you look rather silly? And I did quote the source of the article appropriately, didn't I? So, I really don't see the point of why are you treating a fellow red in such a way that it exemplifies your lowliness. Last but not least, who are you to tell me that I should I get out of this forum considering the fact that I've been a part of the 'happy family' community here at ManutdTalk forums much longer than you do? I am also very sure that other members would greatly appreciate that I actually bother to put it up these articles here.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Right here you are, discouraging a fellow United supporter from sharing a good informative article which other members in this forum may find it an interesting read. You have so much spare time in hand to accuse another member of copying threads from a foreign site, don't you think it's totally unnecessary and instead, makes you look rather silly? And I did quote the source of the article appropriately, didn't I? So, I really don't see the point of why are you treating a fellow red in such a way that it exemplifies your lowliness. Last but not least, who are you to tell me that I should I get out of this forum considering the fact that I've been a part of the 'happy family' community here at ManutdTalk forums much longer than you do? I am also very sure that other members would greatly appreciate that I actually bother to put it up these articles here.

shut it !!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
fazman said:
shut it !!
faz calm down.If you are sure that the article is incorrect,then tell him.If you are not sure,just ask him where you got it.There is really no reason for you to be this wild over something trivial as this.We United fans are better than this,so take a chill pill and kick back:cool: :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.