Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
we play by far the best football when we're on our game, our best footballing performances this (in my opinion) season were against boro at home, villa at home, Liverpool at home ... all of these performances were head and shoulders above any of the top arsenal displays!!! the difference with us and arsenal is we know how to play dirty when needs be! thats why we're top!!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
we play better football imo, but... yes there is but - I gotta to give it to Arsenal because you won't see a boring match involving Arsenal that's for sure.. They always seem to keep us ( who hate them ) on a tiny fire .
And I've watched quite a few our bad ( i can't say boring because I always sweat when watching us play ) performances aka West Ham or City... Those were pretty poor performances in which we hardly created a chance...

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
FINALLY!

I am so sick and tired with all the gushing over arse's 'beautiful football' this season. AND IT IS STILL GOING ON with many of the so-called pundits! IMO United are playing, and have mostly played, a much more attractive (yet intelligent) style of football than arsenal.

I have watched most of their games this season (albeit through united coloured glasses), and while they were moving the ball around and scoring pretty goals early in the season, their attack now consists of getting the ball to adebayor's head. Now, I am not nearly as expert as some of the posters on this site - I wasn't brought up on football - but that does not amount to attractive football to me.

When it finally dawned on teams that they needed to be aggressive with arse, their beautiful football disappeared into a morass of missed passes, interceptions and fortunate results - even newcastle deserved to beat them!. They do tend to pass the ball around a lot in their own half, but more often than not, it seems to get them into trouble.

I am actually amazed that they have stayed in the race as long as they have.

I'm pretty grumpy today, eh? :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
When Arsenal are on top form and they pass effectively through teams and into the net they are thrilling to watch. There is no doubting that their ball retention skills are probably the best in the Premiership.

However, more often than not they pass around teams with little penetration and whilst it looks pretty for a while it gets more and more boring the longer it goes on.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
reddwarf said:
When Arsenal are on top form and they pass effectively through teams and into the net they are thrilling to watch. There is no doubting that their ball retention skills are probably the best in the Premiership.

However, more often than not they pass around teams with little penetration and whilst it looks pretty for a while it gets more and more boring the longer it goes on.
true - but they are good even when struggleing, unlike us...in those situations we tend to kick high balls to rooney or whoever... but overall - whe're better imo

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i will have to disagree on that ,if we are talking about stylish beautiful entertaining football then over the past 5 seasons arsenal have easily been the best in europe and no true lover of football can disagree with that regardless of disliking the club.
however playing pretty football does not win you many titles,you need to battle and play ugly at times to win vital points its these that win the silverware.when utd are on top form we produce the greatest football ,but arsenal have been far more entertaining over the 5 seasons but they cannot battle to save their lives.and it has cost them dearly i honestly believe you need at least 50% british players to get over the winning line ,we may not have the most talented players but the brits are the best battlers and produce a great team spirit ,thats the reason for arsenals failures but don't tell them.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
sweet fa said:
i will have to disagree on that ,if we are talking about stylish beautiful entertaining football then over the past 5 seasons arsenal have easily been the best in europe and no true lover of football can disagree with that regardless of disliking the club.
however playing pretty football does not win you many titles,you need to battle and play ugly at times to win vital points its these that win the silverware.when utd are on top form we produce the greatest football ,but arsenal have been far more entertaining over the 5 seasons but they cannot battle to save their lives.and it has cost them dearly i honestly believe you need at least 50% british players to get over the winning line ,we may not have the most talented players but the brits are the best battlers and produce a great team spirit ,thats the reason for arsenals failures but don't tell them.
have you even read the link :eek:

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
true - but they are good even when struggleing, unlike us...in those situations we tend to kick high balls to rooney or whoever... but overall - whe're better imo

OK, I give up.

I'm never gonna convince you guys that arsenal are (expletive deleted) and are the most overrated, overdiscussed bunch of lilly-livered (you like that one?)whiners....

Oh well...:D

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
moondog said:
OK, I give up.

I'm never gonna convince you guys that arsenal are (expletive deleted) and are the most overrated, overdiscussed bunch of lilly-livered (you like that one?)whiners....

Oh well...:D
lol - i know all that - but i give them the edge over us when comparing our worst performance to their worst performance.. that losses against city or west ham are worst performances i've seen in ages

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
lol - i know all that - but i give them the edge over us when comparing our worst performance to their worts performance.. that losses against city or west ham are worst performances i've seen in ages
The winner and still champeeeen: CRO! :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yeah that guy wrote down what every United fan thinks lol He is stating the blind obvious imo. Blind to the media and gooners but very obvious to people who really watch football in detail. Their football may be 'beautiful' but they cannot keep it up. You put Hargreaves their like we had at the Emierates and you suddenly see them choke and see their so called 'beautiful' football go to ugly football in an instant. Yeah they are beautiful vs your derbys newcastles and west hams but not Man United. On the other hand Man United as always played their quick, fast, flowing direct counter attacking football which is very very entertaining to watch. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Our playing style was more effective, our counter-attack was more direct & our winning mentality was better than arsenal. Arsenal, on the other hand, just spraying passes with no point and suddenly they lost the plot. Of course, UNITED WERE BETTER THAN THE ARSE...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
have you even read the link :eek:
sorry CROoney i was just giving my reply to the question,this forum isn't just for you its for all utd fans whose opinions differ on every thread.:confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts