Manchester United Talk banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Banega, Schneiderlin, Baines in January, 50-60m.

Dream. All would be possibilities, all could play in Champions League and all would improve, the quality of the team and obviously squad depth.
There was a time I would have given a limp for us to sign him but now I believe he is train wreck ,too much bad stuff happens to him and is said to have a questionable attitude as well . Is he even playing regularly for Valencia these days ? Schneiderlin would be good addition but right now we have too much good we need some awesomeness in that midfield imo ,the stardust so Gundogun it is . As for Baines I don't see the logic of replacing a thirty two year old leftback with a twenty nine year old one ,great player and all who would suit Moyes to tee but I think we must look elsewhere for a more permanent solution . Luke Shaw anyone ?

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
:wub

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/352048/REVEALED-Man-Utd-ready-to-sign-Ever-Banega-for-20m-amid-interest-from-Arsenal-and-Spurs

REVEALED: Man Utd ready to sign Ever Banega for £20m amid interest from Arsenal and Spurs

MANCHESTER UNITED are poised to sign Valencia ace Ever Banega in the summer.

Argentina star Ever Banega will leave Valencia at the end of the season [GETTY]

The 25-year-old Argentina playmaker wants to leave and Valencia have finally bowed to his demands.

They insist he can't go in January but are willing to sanction a deal to sell him at the end of the season.

United scouts have watched Banega three times in recent weeks.

Banega is a similar player to Cesc Fabregas [GETTY]

“Banega is a similar player to Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas”

He has a £50m release clause in his contract but cash worries at Valencia will force them to sell for close to £20m.

A host of clubs are interested in the midfielder, including Juventus, Tottenham Arsenal and Southampton.

He is out of contract in June 2015 and has told Valencia he will not sign a new deal.

Banega is a similar player to Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas and Athletic Bilbao's Ander Herrera, who United both chased in the summer.

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
Moyes tried to sign Banega once or twice during his time at Everton.

Banega is a phenomenal talent. It's his attitude that's the problem. I don't think he likes where Valencia are going as a club. When they were more stable and still ambitious, he was a lot more consistent.

He regularly dominates Barcelona's midfield when he comes up against them. He raises his game.

He can do everything. A complete midfielder. His attitude would be the reason why I doubt that we'll ever sign him.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
What's painful is that we need to wait till summer/next season while the need is for right now. Never know a lot could happen in 6 months time... See how Herera turned out to be a no go in just couple of months time since we were ready to sign him.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
As far as realistic targets are concerned, he would be pretty much the perfect signing. He'd thrive in the Premier League.

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/argentine-should-be-join-manchester-united-according-to-spanish-m

Argentina midfielder should sign for Manchester United according to Spanish media

According to the Spanish press Valencia should sell Argentine midfielder Ever Banega to Manchester United. The 25 year old has been linked with a move to the English side over the past week.

Carlos Bosch, the editor of Valencia newspaper Superdeporte believes the club should let the Argentine international leave. In a question and answer session in the build up to the derby between Elche and Valencia, Bosch was asked whether the club should sell Banega to Manchester United for €25m.

He said that they should accept such an offer if it did come their way as Banega only has a contract until June 2015. Bosch pointed out that the former Boca Juniors player isn’t willing to sit down and negotiate a new contract with Valencia and therefore they should look to get rid.

"Sure!! It's a lot of money, he only has a season left on his contract and he does not seem very willing to negotiate a renewal,” said Bosch on the possibility in the player joining Manchester United.

The Daily Star last week claimed that Manchester United were the favourites to sign him. They said he has a buyout clause of £50m but they don't think Manchester United will pay that, which isn't a surprise. To get him for less than there has to be agreement from Valencia to sell and a decent price would do that, Banega's agent has been talking up a move for months and really spurred into action during the international break.

Banega has had a controversial career in Spain which has been plagued with rumours regarding drinking and all night partying. In February 2012 he broke his ankle after forgetting to put on his hand brake which resulted in his car rolling over his foot. Despite Valencia sticking by the player he has so far refused to extend his contract beyond 2015 and therefore the club could be forced to sell him before his value plummets.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
He could be a handy signing in Jan if possible. Him alongside Carrick will make things look far better comfortable in the midfield.

P.S. - Hold on, I thought the same when we signed Fellaini, but look at where he is today .. on the bench :)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
He could be a handy signing in Jan if possible. Him alongside Carrick will make things look far better comfortable in the midfield.

P.S. - Hold on, I thought the same when we signed Fellaini, but look at where he is today .. on the bench :)
The only difference is that he is an actual midfielder ,proven in the role against top class opposition but his attitude stinks,reportedly .

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The only difference is that he is an actual midfielder ,proven in the role against top class opposition but his attitude stinks,reportedly .

Yes, even reading through that article clearly showed the downside of signing him. How is Moyes like while dealing with such characters?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Yes, even reading through that article clearly showed the downside of signing him. How is Moyes like while dealing with such characters?
I'd rather an all night party animal that can play football than persist with a pussy like Clecerley ,fatboy Anderson or a lumbering mic that is Fellaini . At this stage ,especially if he can come in January ,I'd have him in a heartbeat .

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'd rather an all night party animal that can play football than persist with a pussy like Clecerley ,fatboy Anderson or a lumbering mic that is Fellaini . At this stage ,especially if he can come in January ,I'd have him in a heartbeat .

Yes, the desperation is such that any decent midfielder available should be grabbed and put into the firing line straight away. But the big risk again is that he should not end in the long standing queue of under performing midfielders that we have.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts