Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everton fans on many forums claim that they are "not a little club" but do stats bear them out? Hardly:

Since Everton last's last final in 1995, LFC have reached 16 major cup finals. 11 of which were successful, including 2 CL finals, 3 FA Cup Finals, 4 League Cup finals, 3 Charity Shields, 2 Super Cups and 1 WC Championship. During this period Everton have successfully avoided relegation on 14 occasions and reach 1 Carling Cup semi final.

A small club indeed.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Are you for real RD? :confused:
and yes the stats do 'bear them out'

Everton FC.
League Champions- 9 times (only bettered by Liverpool, United & Arse)
Runners up-7 times

F.A. cup winners- 5 times (only 2 less than Pool and only bettered by 7 teams)

European Cup winners cup- winners 1985.

Charity shield winners- 9 times (only bettered by 3 teams)

-Everton currently hold the record of the most number of appearances in the top
flight of the English League

-Everton have not been relegated in 57 years. This is the second longest period,
after Arsenal.
Everton have only been relegated twice since the league's
construction, and have only spent four seasons out of the top division.
No other English team can claim a similar record.

-Everton used to play in a little known place called Anfield before they fell out
with the landlord of Anfield, John Houlding, who was being a complete and utter
****, and then decided to buy their own ground.

So this is a BIG team steeped in history.
Shame on you RD for this pitiful thread.

2 of my best mates are Everton fans so they would expect me to stick up for them like this.

I find this strange coming from you RD, considering YOU ARE A SCOUSER yourself!!!!!
maybe a Scouse red in disguise ;-)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
dixie dean scored those goals abo so is william ralph his alter ego ?

everton are a far bigger club than all bar man utd arsenal liverpool . i would put them as a bigger club than chelsea as before and after romans millions chelsea are a yo yo club

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
abojodeh said:
hes the same ;)

Everton had the best English striker ever RD and you call them small
He's not really the same ABo. Surname= Dean. Nickname=Dixie.
Everyone knows him as Dixie Dean.:)
And I wouldnt listen to what RD has to say on the matter either:rolleyes:
I have to say its one of the most clueless threads I have ever clapped eyes on.;)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
He's not really the same ABo. Surname= Dean. Nickname=Dixie.
Everyone knows him as Dixie Dean.:)
William Ralph Dixie Dean :D
thats it :eek:

Dixie is his nickmake just like Kaka for what ever his real name as and Ronaldinho for Ronaldo de Assis Moreira :cool:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I wouldn't class Everton as a small club.

I would add stats but Jazz has them all :p

They are a big club, and really, it would be great if they were up challenging for the Title, or in the Top 4 at the very least.

I would also agree with Haggs, who says that he would consider them as a bigger club than Chelsea.

On a sidenote, I've got to say that abo is close with William Ralph, although considering his surname is Dean it would be William Dean :p But well done abo all the same. :cool:

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I'm sorry if Everton are a big club then Andy Johnson is an England legend...

Maybe they were once a big club but in the last 15 years they've done pretty much sod all.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
I think I've said somewhere around here that I also post in an EFC forum. I've started mainly out of curiosity about the whole João Moutinho situation, and lingered on after that, since I've found them to be a good buntch, very dedicated to their club, and wishing for better luck than what they're having since this summer started. Injuries, failed transfers, daily speculations about new signings, injuries (yes, i know I've said that before, it's been THAT bad).

They were really hopeful for a decent season, maybe even an attempt at a top 4 finish, but the way things have gone for them lately (3 own in 3 games, wtf??), they're atarting to loose hope. I really feel for them, but in this day and age, you need ££ to be competitive, and they are strugling on that department.

Anyways, best of luck to them. :)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
historically everton have been a big club whether in terms of todays game they are in that bracket now is debatable.....with a cash injection from some rich owner and a good manager like moyes to spend it they have the fanbase to be big again....there's just a lot of if only this and if only that at the moment...this season they'll finish behind villa and pompey

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
www.comparethemarket.com is the source believe it or not! Yes I am for real Jazz. It matters not to me who is or isn't top dog on Merseyside (Its Tranmere really ;) )

Who has won what when, who is the big club, eg: who is the small club? Note the question mark in the thread title; it denotes a question not a statement of fact.

Sorry - I didn't realise Dixie Dean played for Everton, since the date in question? So, one player makes a club?

edit: Strange, as a merseysider (ex pat) I always favoured Everton of the 2; they played the more attractive football, once had the best midfield on the planet (Harvey Kendall & Ball) and always had full houses. When United did not have a game I could frequently be seen at Goodison watching Everton with blue mates. But, in terms of Merseyside rivalry, sorry, but Everton are way way behind and still losing ground.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts