Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
good spot mate! could ya imagine if it was an only english 11 league?? we be still walkin away with it. but ched evans is welsh tho:red: and has almunia got his english passort yet??:huh:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm sick of hearing about this tbh.

Anyway, that is flawed. Ched Evans (Man City) is Welsh, Carlo Cudicini (Spurs) is an Italian and Manuel Almunia (Arsenal) is a Spaniard.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Liverpool would be relegated in an instant and so would the Arse

Is Rory Delap not Irish and so is Marc Wilson from Pompey

Z

·
0 Posts
It would make for a competitive domestic league, but all of the Champions league teams would probably fail to qualify from their groups. They wouldn't make it very far into the knockout stages that's for sure.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Utd said:
------------------------------Ben Foster
-
--Gary Neville--------Wes Brown-------Rio Ferdinand-----Richard Eckersley
-
--Owen Hargreaves---Michael Carrick----Paul Scholes-----Lee Martin
-
----------------------Wayne Rooney----Fraizer Campbell
Thats a slick line-up!!

Spurs is VERY strong! Liverpools is brilliant!!!

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
All english teams are unnecessary, but a real solution for limiting foreigners should definetely be put into motion in the near future.

I know all about the EU laws, but it's quite simple, really. If you treat clubs as employers, and players has employees, every League and Association and even the UEFA are in their Legal Right to deny participation to said employers that do NOT meet certain standards, for example, the 6+5 rule.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Some of those were downright shocking. If City fielded that particular XI...

They'd be playing like... Well like they are right now.. :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Our English XI looks pretty good.

I'm assuming that they've included Almunia & Cudicini because they've lived here long enough to be classed as British citizens. Not sure about Ched Evans though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts