Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing about his performance against Peterborough and seeing
him tonight against Juventus, I believe this kid deserves his own thread.
Fabio was touted as being the 'better' player. He is captain for Brazil U18 with a
knack of scoring goals. I have been so impressed with Rafael's OT debut.
He was sensational, combative, eager, fearless, confident....the lot.

He tackled, he got forward, whipped in a great cross for Scholes, got in
scoring positions. I can see this kid being our regular right back before long.
He is miles better than Simpson and seems as though he could offer more going
forward than Wes and Gary. I can see him getting a few minutes over the season.

Ill try and update videos of the twins when they play.

Da Silva Twins Vs Peterborugh:

Highlights of game vs Juve. Rafael played second half. Motm performance.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Still can't tell the difference between the pair! :p

Provided he stays on track and Fergue leads him, which he will, we could have the best
right back in England, no question.

Its incredible how quickly he's adopted to the United style and pace. One incident in
the corner against juventus today where he won the ball and showed great strength..
He's actually like Evra the way he gets forward and handles himself too. Quality kid

Can't wait to see this kid next season.....he'll play Sunday IMO

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
absolute great debut , hope he gets lots of chances this season all this and he hasnt played for a year , wait till he gets his sharpness lol

·
Registered
915 Posts
It would be great to see him push for a 1st team place this season, he's shown a lot of spirit in his appearances for us & has looked a very capable right back.
I really do think this is the strongest group of youngsters we have had for a long time, even though there are many foreign lads in there, there are genuine candidates for the first team

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Its looking go again for united alot of players of real quality with a good section of young players ready to start making the step up. I think rafael has looked real quality so far and from what i have seen of his brother, i think soon even evra might struggle to get into the first 11.

Z

·
0 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
Its looking go again for united alot of players of real quality with a good section of young players ready to start making the step up. I think rafael has looked real quality so far and from what i have seen of his brother, i think soon even evra might struggle to get into the first 11.
Slight exaggeration perhaps? :rolleyes:

They both look like fantastic players, but I
firmly believe Evra to be the best left back
in the world right now.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rydersonthestorm said:
I think we are all getting a bit over excited here Ryder :D
Evra is the best in the world, so he will be there for many years to come.
There is just more scope for rafael to get a start, especially if Rio or Vidic get
injured and wes steps in there. After watching him tonight, i think even Nev
will find it hard to get back in.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I agree with what most have said on here. In a way it was unfortunate for Fabio that Rafael was the one who played in the first half vs Peterborough as thats when we had our 'stars' playing, so he could stand out more, wheras Fabio had no where near the amount of quality in the second half.

Like a few have said aswell the fact that Evra is a LB is a big obstacle for Fabio to 'overtake' and unless something major happens then the LB position is Evra's for a few years yet.

Here's a question, Lets say Rafael plays for 45 mins or more vs Pompey and plays just aswell as he did tonight, who would you play RB vs Newcastle?

Edit: Its also interesting that its Rafael who is getting all the headlines (justifiably so) when throughout both there careers it has been Fabio who has had the limelight.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
TheManc said:
Its also interesting that its Rafael who is getting all the headlines (justifiably so) when throughout both there careers it has been Fabio who has had the limelight.
i was thinking that same thing my self to be honest fergie must be rubbing his hands with glee right now were in a good situation if these lads keep impressing who knows what the future holds just look at anderson, also if fabio is the aparnt 'better' of the 2 players i can wait to see him get 90mins, perhaps some tutorship from evra and nev for these 2 wouldnt go a miss and some for possibon from hargo :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I firmly believe that rafael and fabio shud be back up to neville & evra respectly. Move brown to be back up to rio & let silvestre have his final year at united b cameo appearences out of respect for his service. rafael certainly has proven he can excite fans, im sure fabio can to. with alot of fans saying we need full backs, what perfect time for these twins to come in. The juve game was a bit lack lusture, but you can expect that with the injuries, but soon as rafael came on, it was seeing something special. We could have 1/3 of the brazil team in a few years, if things go to plan. Just to make sure, i think we shud get a portuguese speaking assistant to come in, just to make it a bit easier for them. It would have been great to keep carlos but you cant blame him for trying his luck at international football.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Great to hear that our youth systems is producing wonderful players... I have to agree with many that Rafael performance has been outstanding... They will come in handy for us in all the cup ties... This really make the whole team interesting to watch... Can't wait to see them play in one or two season time...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Thank god we are going to get 7 subs this coming season! It will be excellent for these kids! I loved Rafael when he came on and did outstanding. In a year or two when Silvestre and Neville retire we know that we have great replacements already and no need to buy! Fabio and Rafa imo can become great and I cannot wait to see how they develop.

I also think Evra is the best LB in the world atm but he does get injured/suspended or needs rest so its good that we got quality cover ups. I doubt Evra will lose his place but for Neville to come back now is going to be tough and most prob Simpson will get sold to Blackburn like the kids Pique, Spector, McShane, Bradsley did.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
We actually might be able to put a team together that could mount a good challenge in the Carling Cup this year, with the twins starring.

I can't wait to get my Rafael & Fabio tops. :D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
dckyfoxes said:
Great to hear that our youth systems is producing wonderful players... I have to agree with many that Rafael performance has been outstanding... They will come in handy for us in all the cup ties... This really make the whole team interesting to watch... Can't wait to see them play in one or two season time...
He didnt come through our youth system, we stung him and his bro from Fluminese.

Bit yes absolutely thrilled to see some1 just burst onto the scene again from nowhere, its far too long since Giggsy , Scholes, Becks etc hopefully some of the young lads from last night can really stake a claim and save us a fortune!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Portugease/South American talent

Can I have one minute just to change the flow of this thread. Add 3-4 years to this team, if no one leaves (ronaldo). Look at the line-up, i think u will be just as excited as me. Foster,Rafeal,Vidic,Rio,Evra/Fabio,C.Ronaldo,Anderson,Possebon,Nani,Tevez, Rooney. If they all impress in the future like i think they will, we will have such a portugease/south american vibe. hopefully the play will reflect the nationalitys.:D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Salford-dreamers said:
Can I have one minute just to change the flow of this thread. Add 3-4 years to this team, if no one leaves (ronaldo). Look at the line-up, i think u will be just as excited as me. Foster,Rafeal,Vidic,Rio,Evra/Fabio,C.Ronaldo,Anderson,Possebon,Nani,Tevez, Rooney. If they all impress in the future like i think they will, we will have such a portugease/south american vibe. hopefully the play will reflect the nationalitys.:D
Your right its exciting times indeed. We can look forward to surpassing the
Scousers record before long with that lot. Its gonna be Samba time.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
as i said at the the thread about fergie's striker concerns, we are covered at every position..what we need is a striker....Campbell is not bad...not bad at all...but i don't him we should rely on him this soon if Wayne or Carlitos are out....with saha out of the picture...he would be the only solution....him and Manucho..but..who knows when the angoleese will return...and if he does will he be in the team...certainly not...not for a while at least...
Anyway...reffering to Rafa...he's done a great job..and made an even better impresion...liked him a lot...i couldn't see the Peterborough match but i saw him last night at it was enough...the right part is well covered...with Wes..Gary and Rafa....

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
great to see we have some potentially great fullbacks on the way up, even better they're brazilian with the style of play they have,lol.

Anyway brown will and deserves to start the season as right back aslong as his head is right after all the personal problems he has had with his family but its nice to know we have 7 subs so we have more options and can see the likes of rafeal and fabio etc at times.

Also its interesting that if fabio is the better of the two, he is going to have the tougher time outta the two brothers because in evra, we have the best left back in the world right now! If fabio has a good head though, it may push him harder and further and it could only be good to him to learn from the best!

I want to see fabio play just as much as rafael!

pz

1 - 20 of 127 Posts