Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It had to be bought up, its been to many times that Van Der Sar is finding it more and more difficult to cope with Ariel threat. He looks really dodgy, but i think he still is a world class shot stopper, je still has that aspect where he pulls off magnificant saves, but teams have found our weakness and its working every time where opponents are delivering crosses in and making the defence and keeper make mistakes.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It had to be bought up, its been to many times that Van Der Sar is finding it more and more difficult to cope with Ariel threat. He looks really dodgy, but i think he still is a world class shot stopper, je still has that aspect where he pulls off magnificant saves, but teams are find our weakness and its working every time where opponents are delivering crosses in and making the defence and keeper make mistakes.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I've been defending some of our players but V.D.S, i must say has been quite poor for some time now. He is not convincing on aerial balls, his reflexes aren't as sharp as it used to be and quite frankly, at 38 he is at the dawn of his career.

He is a great servant and still is very good at stopping penalties. He also has a calming influence on our defence. But His kicking, reflexes and aerial ability has dropped quite a bit and he has passed his peak. Maybe it's time for the Dutchman to be replaced.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Van Der Sar will not last for more than a season. I can not see him with us for than 2009-10 season. He is a fantastic shot stopper but he is really found wanting in aerial attacks especially from set pieces. Also he hasn't been good with his kicks. He slipped today once and that is not the first time that has happened for the first time while kicking the ball. Last season too that happened on countless number of times and this is a big worry for us as that kind of mistake can cost us big time. All in all he has been one of the best keepers in the world but he is on a steady decline.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Shouldn't this be in 'Man Utd Chat' section?

But yeah VDS wasn't having the best of games today, he is a top class keeper, but he seems so incompetent with balls coming in from set pieces etc.

·
Registered
366 Posts
He slipped , maybe thats because it was p!""£$g out of the heavens today.
The first goal was because of a poor defensive header by Vidic and a lucky deflection off Gary Neville's leg . And the second was down to us trying to chase the game and the central defense pair being out of position .
As usual it was down to us not putting away our chances , plain and simple .

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
Shouldn't this be in 'Man Utd Chat' section?
But yeah VDS wasn't having the best of games today, he is a top class keeper, but he seems so incompetent with balls coming in from set pieces etc.

yes....

moved now

·
Registered
286 Posts
To be honest I think this is the beginning of the end of Van Der Sar. Hopefully Foster will be given plenty of chances and will next season become our Number 1.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Rahul said:
Van Der Sar will not last for more than a season. I can not see him with us for than 2009-10 season. He is a fantastic shot stopper but he is really found wanting in aerial attacks especially from set pieces. Also he hasn't been good with his kicks. He slipped today once and that is not the first time that has happened for the first time while kicking the ball. Last season too that happened on countless number of times and this is a big worry for us as that kind of mistake can cost us big time. All in all he has been one of the best keepers in the world but he is on a steady decline.
i agree with u 100%, age has definitely caught up to him.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Van Der Sar can't be blamed for the goals yesterday
its our defence to blame especially "the world best defender" "toughest man on the field" Rio Ferdinand and poor performing Gaz :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
vds has been poor for over 2 seasons {yes i know he won us the champions league and i will remember him for it} but his general play has been quite awful he flaps at everything and there are lots of goals he should have saved if you view them with a clear mind ,instead of standing big like schmeical he goes down on his knees and watches the ball fly into the net.he is undermining our good defence and they look nervous whenever the ball enters our penalty area I WONDER WHY , get foster between them sticks now ,ok he will make mistakes that could cost us but he will learn and vastly improve vds is not agile enough and error prone ,surely this is a logical decision and nobody can dissagree look at the facts.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
We have got to seriously look at VDS position. The goals may not have been his fault, but he made two bad errors which may well have led to goals.

Since he broke his nose against Spurs it seems, hes been deteriorating. His shot-stopping is still to a high standard, but even his reflexes are getting worse. Hes been making far too many errors. He flaps at crosses, been slow to respond and isn't as brave as he used to be.

His form was terrible at the start of the season, costing us 2 or 3 goals and yesterday his performance was quite poor. My choice would be to try to give Foster games to get him match-fit and to get him ready for the first team. But I also wouldn't mind Kuzcszak in goal either.

We need a change. Our defence has been poor this season, and VDS's erratic form can't help matters.

dublin red said:
He slipped , maybe thats because it was p!""£$g out of the heavens today.
The first goal was because of a poor defensive header by Vidic and a lucky deflection off Gary Neville's leg . And the second was down to us trying to chase the game and the central defense pair being out of position .
As usual it was down to us not putting away our chances , plain and simple .
The first goal was actually caused by a poor defensive header by Berbatov, not Vidic. And from what I can remember, the second goal was just terrible defending.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts