Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breaking news Patrice Evra is out of action for the next 3 weeks with a foot injury.

Do we think this will affect our title hope's ?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Damn it!

He was such a force against Chelsea and just came back from suspension.

The upside is O'Shea has looked capable this season and maybe we'll see fabio in a few games.

he'll probably miss the following games, if it's three weeks.

Wednesday, 14 January 2009
Barclays Premier League
Man Utd v Wigan, 20:00

Saturday, 17 January 2009
Barclays Premier League
Bolton v Man Utd, 15:00

Tuesday, 20 January 2009
Carling Cup
Man Utd v Derby, (agg 0-1), SF, L2, 20:00

Saturday, 24 January 2009
The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON
Man Utd v Tottenham, R4, 17:15

Tuesday, 27 January 2009
Barclays Premier League
West Brom v Man Utd, 19:45

Monday, 02 February 2009
Barclays Premier League
Man Utd v Everton, 20:00

Sunday, 08 February 2009
Barclays Premier League
West Ham v Man Utd, 16:00

·
Registered
28 Posts
its a blow he had a great game against chelski and it means we got oshea back who i cant beleave still gets a shirt but we should be ok

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
looks like O'shea is going to play even more he expected. It would be interesting to see fabio in, while evra is injured. We would see what he's capable of. I guess the twins will soon play together.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
Breaking news Patrice Evra is out of action for the next 3 weeks with a foot injury.

Do we think this will affect our title hope's ?
its bad bad news but is it the end of our title hopes? not a chance jos did a solid job while he was out suspended so i cant see why he wont be able to continue that form tbh i think it would be more of a loss if we lost vida but evra is one of our most important players and the best left back in the world but i dont think it will affect our title hopes

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
It's not the toughest part of our schedule. It's a bad break, but we will persevere without him.

We have O'Shea and, dare I say it.............Giggsy! Given his performance Sunday, I really wouldn't be surprised at all if Fergie tries to start GIGGS at LB in one or two of these games.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
its a blow it always is to loose a player like that and at such a important time in the season but i firmly trust oshea as cover and think he will do a fine job as always

and we have fabio to play there in a less important match if there is such a thing

its a blow but weve dealt with injurys to key players before and well have to deal again when they happen within the future

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
moondog said:
It's not the toughest part of our schedule. It's a bad break, but we will persevere without him.

We have O'Shea and, dare I say it.............Giggsy! Given his performance Sunday, I really wouldn't be surprised at all if Fergie tries to start GIGGS at LB in one or two of these games.
that would be something but i realy don't think so. Giggs will remain a center midfield and will sometimes bring him back on as a left winger. I don't think Giggsy is the man for that spot. O shea will get the start and as i said, maybe young fabio will make an official debut .

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
moondog said:

ya it could have been alot worse as you say its not our toughest run of matches and i have confidince in o shea after how well hes filled in for evra when needed

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont believe we will see Fabio this season if he was going to be given a chance he would of by now.

As for the Ryan Giggs at left back what a few have metioned he only filled in there when we were trying to force a goal in the last 20 minutes.

Its big John's chance now he looked sharp when he came on against Chelsea John will be chuffed with the games which will make his end of season total not that bad.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
bad news to hear.. best left back in the world and as it showed against chelsea we really need him for defending as he kept joe cole quiet and for goals as he set up rooneys goal..

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
lads come on dont be so down sheasy was quailty when he filled in for evra and look at the fixtures hes missing theres not that many tough games expet the totenham game and maybe the everton one after all that we should win anyway

it is a loss but its not the end of the world

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
red dave said:
...As for the Ryan Giggs at left back what a few have metioned he only filled in there when we were trying to force a goal in the last 20 minutes....
Yeah, I guess I should put some context around my comment. Giggs could be an adequate emergency replacement at LB. Offensively, he's obviously got the skills. He has always been responsible defensively and he's got enough pace to play the position. And he has played wing for most of his career, so he understands what works to defend them.

I'm not suggesting a new career for Giggsy, but in a pinch....

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
moondog said:
Yeah, I guess I should put some context around my comment. Giggs could be an adequate emergency replacement at LB. Offensively, he's obviously got the skills. He has always been responsible defensively and he's got enough pace to play the position. And he has played wing for most of his career, so he understands what works to defend them.

I'm not suggesting a new career for Giggsy, but in a pinch....

I dont disagree Giggs could do a job at left back but I dont think fergie need risk him there when he has John O'shea.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i don't now what happened to him . a second before the injury hes running down the wing providing the cross to rooney than he's of injured:confused: maybe he got injured in the celebration

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
This is the Sky Sports Report;

United suffer Evra blow
But positive news on Ferdinand's back problem

Manchester United full-back Patrice Evra has been ruled out for the next three weeks with a foot injury.

Evra suffered the injury during Sunday's 3-0 win over Chelsea and picked up the problem when playing in the cross for United's second goal.

He was replaced by John O'Shea and the Premier League champions have now confirmed the France international will miss the next three weeks.

It means Evra will be absent for Wednesday's game at home to Wigan, and the upcoming Premier League trips to Bolton and West Brom.

The left-back will also sit out next week's Carling Cup semi-final second leg against Derby County and the FA Cup fourth-round tie against Tottenham Hotspur.

But Evra, who is likely to be replaced by O'Shea in the side, could be available for the visit of Everton on 2nd February.

Evra had only returned to the United team for the game against Chelsea after missing the previous five domestic fixtures through suspension.

However, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson did receive a boost following a scan on Rio Ferdinand's back problem.

Ferdinand has not played for United since the club won the Fifa Club World Cup against Liga de Quito before Christmas.

The centre-half had been expected to return against Chelsea before suffering a relapse, However he could now be available for the cup tie against Spurs on 24th January.

It certainly is a blow to miss Evra, a bigger blow than missing Rio in all honesty. But the fixtures he's going to miss aren't the hardest of the season, and O'Shea should be able to come in and do well for us. He's been on good form this season.

I'd rather have Evra available, but if he was to get injured at some point in the run-in, this is the perfect time imo.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Oh come on, he's been out for the last 5 games makes one appearance and is injured again, especially in the next 3 weeks we have a heck of alot of games coming up. Luckily we don't have any of the big 4 or an CL games in the next 3/4 weeks.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
Oh come on, he's been out for the last 5 games makes one appearance and is injured again, especially in the next 3 weeks we have a heck of alot of games coming up. Luckily we don't have any of the big 4 or an CL games in the next 3/4 weeks.
we still need evra in every game he is the only player at the moment giving united crosses. we scored all three from crosses against chelsea and you can see why lower teams are stopping us from getting in crosses and evra bombing down the wing helped us against chelsea. its going to be quite down the wings if ronaldo doesnt produce something.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts