Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=633724

Manchester United's Patrice Evra has spoken of the psychological importance of his side's three-nil trouncing of Liverpool on Sunday.

The Senegal-born left back has been an integral component of Sir Alex Ferguson's back four this season, and he knows that the victory at Old Trafford means that United have a huge advantage in the title race, both mentally and in the quest for points.

He said: "Psychologically, it was very good for us to win against Liverpool, it was a massive game, an important one for the fans and for the club."

And seeing as the Red Devils find themselves in pole position on the final stretch of the season, Evra thinks that there is now no chance of his side relinquishing top spot or losing their composure.

Ferguson's United have been renowned for their one-mindedness and consistency towards the business ends of enduring campaigns, and Evra doesn't expect the title to slip from his teams' grasp; "We have seven games left to play and we need to win them too - they are like seven finals. We have the destiny of the title in our hands, that's why I hope we continue to win."

With a five point advantage over their nearest rivals, Manchester United are looking like champions elect provided they can focus on the immediate tasks at hand.

Evra also spoke of his delight at Wes Brown's opener in Sunday's encounter - and sees it as a reward for a fine season's work. Although currently embroiled in a contract dispute with his home-town club, Brown has been one of Ferguson's most consistent and dedicated performers this campaign.

This fact has not been lost on his defensive colleague, who stated: "I think Wes has had an unbelievable season. He works hard every day, in every training session and he's played for United for a long time so it's great for him to score the first goal against Liverpool. I'm very happy for him."

The nine-time French international Evra would hope to line up opposite Brown again next season, with another Premier League medal around his neck.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Its the right mentality that the players need right now! Well said Evra..if we can win each game in the EPL and also beat Chelsea we will offically win the EPL..I really want to do it at Stamford Bridge!! COMON RED DEVILS!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
A draw Againts Chelsea Will be good enough..
But we'll try to get three Points there,and after this Liverpool game we could win there.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Our No.1 priority is Villa. It will be just as tough of a game as the Pool match.

The players can not get complacent after the 3-0 win and must be up for the match.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
we have to beat the smaller teams first...if we win there then to chelsea and arsenal....we cant afford to lose any more games now...we have to win all!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts