Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BC7DF7CEC%2D3BC3%2D4859%2DA3FD%2DFE4AAD215DD8%7D&newsid=536558

Opposition defenders beware: Louis Saha is ready to vent his frustration at another season disrupted by injury.

The 29-year-old striker scored his first goal in 2008 in the 5-1 win over Newcastle, and Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson immediately highlighted the powerful frontman as a key figure in the hunt for trophies.

Saha’s fellow countryman, Patrice Evra, strongly agrees and says his team-mate has plenty of pent-up anger to expend.

“We’ve got Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez, but we need one more striker to win trophies this season,” he told ManUtd.com.

“Louis is the right guy for that job. In training he has been unbelievable. He looks sharp, strong and, most importantly, angry. You can see it in his eyes. He wants to do well. Louis is back.

“He has a strong mentality because he has suffered quite a few injuries, but he’s still here and wants to do well. Now I hope his injuries are behind him. We need Louis Saha if we are going to win trophies this year. That’s why everyone in the squad was really happy when he scored against Newcastle.”

Saha could come up against his former club Fulham at the weekend, and will be hoping he can add to last weekend’s strike to keep the pressure on league leaders Arsenal.

“We have got two really important games against Fulham and Lyon,” adds Evra. “If we can play with the same energy as we did against Arsenal in the FA Cup and Newcastle in the league then we have a strong chance of winning both matches and setting us up to do well until the end of the season.”

Could he actually be the last piece of jigsaw that United requires to retain the Premiership title? :cool:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I do believe he can be. He has looked very sharp and hungry,
and more importantly fit and fresh. Hopefully he can use this
anger to positive effect. I cant wait till he starts banging in
the goals. We certainly need him in games where things arent
going well. Tevez and Rooney will be needing a few breaks
along the way also in what will be a hectic schedule of games.
Long live King Louis.

·
23,699 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Saha's fellow countryman, Patrice Evra, strongly agrees and says his team-mate has plenty of pent-up anger to expend.

“Louis is the right guy for that job. In training he has been unbelievable. He looks sharp, strong and, most importantly, angry. You can see it in his eyes. He wants to do well. Louis is back.

“We have got two really important games against Fulham and Lyon,†adds Evra. “If we can play with the same energy as we did against Arsenal in the FA Cup and Newcastle in the league then we have a strong chance of winning both matches and setting us up to do well until the end of the season.â€

Could he actually be the last piece of jigsaw that United requires to retain the Premiership title? :cool:

Better be. About time to unleash his/our pent-up anger/frustration....

And well, Evra said it too... ENERGY. Alas, not from Giggs and Scholes as First XI unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the day when both of them finally retire.....yes, Scholesy & Giggsy, I will shed tears. (FFS, I haven't shed a single tear since 2 years ago!)

·
23,699 Posts
red_devils4life said:
On the day when both of them finally retire.....yes, Scholesy & Giggsy, I will shed tears. (FFS, I haven't shed a single tear since 2 years ago!)
Er... well.... what happened (only if you don't mind; if you mind, just ignore)?:D ;)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come to think of it, I can only rmb vaguely about that.....probably b'coz I was put onto 3-month probation by Singapore's Juvenile Court for showing continuous defiance to the school........:p

·
23,699 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Come to think of it, I can only rmb vaguely about that.....probably b'coz I was put onto 3-month probation by Singapore's Juvenile Court for showing continuous defiance to the school........:p
:eek: Another troubled youth! No wonder..... himmm........ ;)

No problem, just focus on football - play football, watch football, talk football, write football, manage football :D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
versa said:
:eek: Another troubled youth! No wonder..... himmm........ ;)

No problem, just focus on football - play football, watch football, talk football, write football, manage football!
That's what I do. As long it's about football, I'll gonna' be interested.......do ue mind me asking a question?? Could we get back to the main topic pls?? :confused: :D

·
23,699 Posts
red_devils4life said:
That's what I do. As long it's about football, I'll gonna' be interested.......do ue mind me asking a question?? Could we get back to the main topic pls?? :confused: :D
Ok... although not entirely off topic.... Sara's ANGER..:D

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Thats good. He is hungry and that means he's gonna work hard for us and hopefully score lots of goals. His goals could be crucial for us.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fergie Backs Saha To Deliver

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=605163

Louis Saha comes up against his former club today as Manchester United travel to Fulham, and Sir Alex Ferguson is hoping the Frenchman can kick-start his season as the run-in approaches.

Fergie is delighted that the French striker finally appears to have overcome his fitness and injury problems and believes he will offer Manchester United something new in the closing months of the season.

"Louis coming back is a great bonus for us. I can play Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs and Saha through the middle," commented the Scot. "I think we need that.

"In the run-in there will be times when they're not all available. With Saha back it's an optimum time for us to capitalise on his worth to us because he is a marvellous player. He is different from any other player we have.â€

Saha has scored four times this season, but made only eight starts with a further twelve appearances as a sub.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts