Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patrice Evra has revealed that he will have another meeting over a new Manchester United deal next week.

The Frenchman has just one year left to run on his current contract and he admits there is a lot of interest in him after an impressive season.

He has been waiting for his future to be sorted out for some time and is now set to discuss an extension with club officials.

"The negotiations have lasted a little. We will have a new meeting on May 29," Evra said in L'Equipe.

"Now it is up to the club, who know what we have already agreed. We will see.

"A lot of clubs are attracted to me. It is quite logical as I did a lot on the pitch.

"Anyway, I hope we will find a solution as soon as possible."

France

Evra was a key figure for United this season as they won the Premier League and the UEFA Champions League, and he is now hoping for more success with France at Euro 2008.

The left-back has been included in Raymond Domenech's initial squad and is looking to feature heavily in Austria and Switzerland.

He said: "Euro can be a very important step in my career. It will be my first tournament with the French team.

"I am confident, and at the group's disposal. I hope I can finish the season as European champion with Les Bleus."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3600880,00.html

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
very good...watching...Man Utd...win the Champions League..the Premiership 2 time..the comunity shield..and i'm sure more are yet to come...i realy see them as true legends..esecially those who played in the final..:)..it's a realy great feeling...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i have a feeling that the reason for evra's contract talks be to delayed, even after carrick's contract had been settled, is because evra and his agent is looking for a big contract. or is it just me?
he clearly deserves a new contract, but i just hope that he remembers fergie put faith in him after a difficult first half season in england

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
According to The Times Evra has demanded Ferguson gives him £110,000 a week or he will leave to play for Juventus...

Only kidding. I'm sure he'll sign, he seems to love playing for us and we love him!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts