Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Antone else worried about this? After seeing Evra get battered by Aaron Lennon twice in as many games, i'm slightly worried for how Patrice will fare here...

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
In his current form, he'll probably get skinned a few times. Which is why it is important to play someone like Rooney or Park in the left wing to provide some cover.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
yeah i was thinking of posting this but didn't want to sound to negative :p it seems when Evra comes up against real pacy wingers he struggles!(well this season anyway) but i think he will be fine as long as we play a Rooney or a Park preferably Rooney so he can also offer a threat going forward!

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
He'll be grand. Like some said above if we double team him with Park or Rooney he wouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm more worried about how the hell we're going to stop Fabregas. Anderson I suppose but Cesc has been brillant since he's come back from injury.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I wouldn't be too worried about this.
Lennon is more of a tricky winger than Walcott IMO.
Evra hasn't been in the best of form recently and I think it's because his confidence has been dented.
But I think he will cope just fine with Walcott tomorrow night.
I don't think it's necessary to start Park either for this game for protection of Evra - that's rubbish. We are the Home team and we should start with Giggs on the left IMO and go at Arsenal from the start. I would leave Tevez on the bench to bring on as Sub if the game needs an injection of Pace like it did against Spurs.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
He'll be grand. Like some said above if we double team him with Park or Rooney he wouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm more worried about how the hell we're going to stop Fabregas. Anderson I suppose but Cesc has been brillant since he's come back from injury.
Get Ando to get right in his face he doesn't like that does Cesc you give him time on the ball and he will destroy you so i think Ando will do the job on with his energy and his tackling

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
And Nasri too, have a feeling he will start on the left against JOS/ Rafael. Honestly, its not just one player to be looking out for, its several.

I'm with Dave on this one, if I was going to pick out an Arsenal player to watch out for it would be Fabregas. He's the play maker who alot of the attacks start from and can turn possession into a chance for Adebayor/Nasri/Walcott with a sublime pass.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Get Ando to get right in his face he doesn't like that does Cesc you give him time on the ball and he will destroy you so i think Ando will do the job on with his energy and his tackling
Fabregas is playing a new role this season. Anderson will basicially have to sit in front of the defence if that's the case. Something i'm unsure he has the patience to do. Alas, we'll have to see. Fabregas has been roughed up before and still destroyed teams. He's been around along time in the Premiership now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Evra will be fine, hes much stronger than walcott, and one or two hard tackles will put walcott to bed, evra will cope grand, and he has a mountain of experience more than walcott, I think he'll fare grand.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Walcott is going to be top class. Most would struggle with him, but we should not worry about it. If he does manage to skin Evra he will have to deliver a ball that can beat both Vidic and Ferdinand and i doubt he will get too many of them in.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The talk on this thread so far makes me think that Arsenal will score , but I also get the feeling we will score at their place as well. I think this will be one of those ties where away goals don't feature so highly , so let's go for it staright away.

I think Evra v walcott is crucial , and I am a little worried but I say we should start with the same team and same formation as the second half v spurs. Rooney will occupy walcott defensively a lot thus taking the pressure off evra.

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
Tbh, he has been totally unable to cope with Lennon the two times he's played against him recently, and Walcott is only faster.

We need the Evra of last season and earlier this season back, the best left-back in the world.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
problem with walcott is what liverpool have faced twice. his not a massive threat in build up play and his crossing is poor and his not got the skill level of players like ronaldo and lennon. but if were finding ourselves in 85 minutes pushing for a goal to take to london next week. they counter attack. theres a big open space to knock the ball into. walcott will punish. thats when he stands out to the rest. and it happens so fast defenders seem to forget all other players pushing up behind him (arsenals 4th goal :p against pool)

he is a concern when given the space yes

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Walcott is not the issue tomorrow. Fabregas is not the issue tomorrow. Adebayor is not the issue tomorrow. Arsenal as a collectively unit moving fluidly at speed is the issue and always is with Arsenal. Whether Walcott is playing or Arshavin is out doesn't really make a difference.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Without a ball, yes, with a ball Agbonlahor and Lennon are faster...
The way evra has been struggling with fast competition it doesn't really matter where he ranks, the simple fact is the guy is super fast and evra has been struggling with speed these past couple of weeks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts