Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PATRICE EVRA has sarcastically dedicated Manchester United's 3-0 humbling of Chelsea to the FA after completing a four-match ban.

Sunday's blow out was the full-back's first game since December 6 following a suspension for his part in the Battle of Stamford Bridge when United players clashed with Blues ground staff.

Evra, 27, said: “I dedicate this win to the FA because I still haven't swallowed my four-game suspension. But I had a nice time with my family and a nice holiday.â€

He did not look rusty after his break and set up Wayne Rooney with a great cross for the second goal on 63 minutes.

But the French international injured himself in the process and limped off three minutes later.

Evra hopes to be fit for tomorrow's visit of Wigan and said: “I hope it's nothing. It's something I've had since the Romania match with France in October. My foot tensed up after the cross but for the moment I'm just thinking of the victory.

“It was a great match. It's a long time since we scored so many goals so I hope it helps us get our confidence back.

“But the league title is not a sprint, it's a long-distance race and we will have to keep chalking up the wins.â€
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2123670.ece

SuperPat :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I haven't swallowed it either.

The FA tried their best, but it takes a lot to stop Manchester United, Sir Alex and his soldiers.

Patrice Evra is a lion and the FA can FO for all I care.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SuperPat is turning out to be the name you put up first on the team sheet for every game. He looks to mean more to the team then some of the more well-known players we got.
God we missed Pat during his 4 game ban.:(

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I haven't swallowed it either.

The FA tried their best, but it takes a lot to stop Manchester United, Sir Alex and his soldiers.

Patrice Evra is a lion and the FA can FO for all I care.
Absolutely agree with you RFR.

And well done to Patrice for putting the boot into the FA. ;) :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts