Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fifa asked to investigate chants aimed at Heskey

The Football Association have submitted a report to Fifa and asked them to investigate allegations of racial abuse aimed at Emile Heskey during England's victory over Croatia.

Home fans at the Maksimir Stadium in Zagreb were heard making monkey chants towards the Wigan striker after he was booked, which he described afterwards as being made by 'ignorant people'.

"I just continue to play my game and we have to let The FA directors deal with this," Heskey told reporters after the game.

"They are ignorant people and we should ignore them and enjoy the game.

"Even the Croatian people were not very happy to hear those noises."

Unacceptable
A spokesman for the FA said: "We can confirm that we will be making a report to Fifa about the racist chanting aimed at Emile Heskey by some Croatia fans during the World Cup qualifying game in Zagreb.

"It is unacceptable for anyone to be subjected to racial abuse and we will be asking Fifa to investigate this.

"The FA and England team are determined to do all they can to eradicate any form of racism from football and society."

Croatia were given a small fine during Euro 2008 for racist abuse from their fans during the game against Turkey, and they could escape a heavy punishment this time as the chants were made by a small section of the crowd in Zagreb.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4130726,00.html

Absoulutely no place in football for Racism. Its disgraceful that any man should be subjected to this and i hope croatia are hit with a big fine even if it was only a small section of the crowd.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Unfortunately this is still a part of football in today's world.
We see it in Spain, Russia and eatern Europe quite a bit.
Bigger punishments needs to be handed out so that it never happens again,
but I cant really see that happening for many a year imo.
Its disgusting behaviour but will be hard to eradicate completely and you can
never get rid of every idiot in the World.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I despise any form of racism, bigotry, etc etc so naturally, I found the Croatians behaviour disgraceful.

However, there will be little action taken, if any, as usual.

Unfortunately, racism still exists, and it will sadly never be cut out imho.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
racism will never stop.too easy when theres a crowd to shout abuse,because you'll hardly ever get caught.I think that is a cowardly act,by cowards,attacking people for the colour of their skin is the lowest of the low.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
cant stop it but we can try to stop it
for croatia banned the fans for 3 match no question on it full stop.
next time they will think twice.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Fines aren't going to make any impact anyway.

We need to be a lot more harsh, such as closing the stadium for 2/3 games, or moving it to a neutral country or something along those lines.

Fifa and UEFA only hand out fines of about £2000 which, in football, doesn't have any impact whatsoever.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Racism and bigotry make me sick! Appalling behavior, Croatia has probably lost my support permanently now.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
well a good lessons will be the home match for croatia to be play in africa lol without any croatian fans allowed this will be an example

or croatia next home match no croatian fans allowed

well we need more severed action

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
i didn't hear any monkey chants but if that's true - they should make us play every home match till the end of the qualifiers with no crowd..then the idiots will think twice...we're not a racistic country, we really aren't...
i was talking with some guy the other day( couple of months ago to be more precise ) about monkey chants and he said something like this : " I don't find monkey chants as a rasistic remarks. I never did it, but i understand why people do it here.They do it in order to disturb the players. They don't do it out of hatred towards black people. It's a psychology of a group. If someone starts, others will follow. "
And I see his point. But i do not aprove it. Because , that certain black player who was exposed to it doesn't know you're joking , you're doing it in order to disturb him from playing. And just to add that those people who did it are most probably the fans of our top 2 clubs, which are known to have had black players in their recent history. In fact , Dinamo Zagreb still have 3-4 black players.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
one + one = 2 that what racist people will try to do to increase it

but we are not we can make 1 + 1 = 11 people not to be a racist

hope you all get my point lol

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
the f.a. can do whatever they like in terms of trying to draw attention and get some action on this issue, sadly however its uefa and fifa that have the power over international teams and in cases like this all over the world they seem to take the easy option with a slap on the wrist. It's particularly a problem in certain eastern european countries, it's time that uefa in this case stepped in and did something and made an example of a culprit. if they had the guts to ban croatia in this case, from being able to qualify from the group maybe other individuals and national associations would do more to tackle the problem

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
We may reduce racism by relating to people as individuals, and not by any other value. The person is the person, for good or bad, and it really is that simple.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
not that simple to a racist.they only see the colour of skin..to a racist a black man is not in any way as valued in society as a white man.i think that is the problem,that is why it will never be changed.until people value someones worth through means not related to creed or colour,this whole thing will just go on and get worse.

·
Registered
78 Posts
no one should be surprised about the croatians shouting racist abuse to black players, it happens everytime when croatia play against a team with black players, spain are the same. Fifa and all the governing bodies say they want to stamp it out but really what punishment do they give....small fines! remember spain when england played there? absolutely no serious punishment happened. This is a problem that will always exist, it happens evrywhere and it gives a good example of what todays society is really like.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
amuchan said:
no one should be surprised about the croatians shouting racist abuse to black players, it happens everytime when croatia play against a team with black players, spain are the same. Fifa and all the governing bodies say they want to stamp it out but really what punishment do they give....small fines! remember spain when england played there? absolutely no serious punishment happened. This is a problem that will always exist, it happens evrywhere and it gives a good example of what todays society is really like.

i completely agree amuchan...well put...:cool:

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
the fact of the matter is that the fifa needs to really punish these idiotic fans, fa's etc. no matter how drastic the punishment is, because in the end of the day we are dealing with human beings feelings, which is in my opinion more important than football. what we need to understand is some people see football as a way out of racism, poverty etc, so having it on the field is just disgusting imo.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts