Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
United must play well to win this but they can, and, hopefully, will. Spurs will be on 7th heaven after knocking Arsenal into oblivion and beyond tonight and who can blame them. Like this, they can be dangerous.

IF United perform, we are through. Under acheive and we have a problem.

·
23,699 Posts
Red Devil said:
United must play well to win this but they can, and, hopefully, will. Spurs will be on 7th heaven after knocking Arsenal into oblivion and beyond tonight and who can blame them. Like this, they can be dangerous.

IF United perform, we are through. Under acheive and we have a problem.
Right.... Can't be another way.:( ...............................:D

Seriously though, think it will be another epic encounter, a typical end to end stuff. United to nick it by one solitary goal; Ronaldo, who else.

·
23,699 Posts
We will run United into the ground, says Spurs boss Ramos

Source: Daily Mail

Juande Ramos has warned Manchester United that his Spurs players will run them to exhaustion in an attempt to win at Old Trafford in the FA Cup on Sunday.

Tottenham will travel north for their fourth-round encounter on a high following their 5-1 thrashing of Arsenal in the Carling Cup semi-final.

They will start the match as underdogs but Ramos believes his players now have the appetite to cause an upset against United.

“Having reached Wembley once, we now have to aim to win the Carling Cup Final and to get there again in the FA Cup,†he said.

“United will be a very difficult opponent because they are playing at a very, very high level and the game is at their stadium. But we will run and work to exhaust any and every possibility of beating them.

“It's always been my aim to make our biggest impacts in cup competitions because by the time I arrived there was no possibility of winning the League.â€

The Spurs boss believes the prospect of going to Wembley will set the platform for the rest of the season and promised the club's fans his side will go all out on the attack against the Premier League champions.

He added: “Beating Arsenal like that in front of our own supporters and playing so well was like a final for us. “However, going to Wembley is like a religious experience, a mythical venue in the home of football.

“If you get to Wembley as a coach or a player then it's like getting a Phd or being knighted, in football terms, like nothing you could experience anywhere else in the world.â€

Ramos is still hoping to have deals in place for both Rangers right-back Alan Hutton and Juventus's former Chelsea midfielder Tiago by the weekend.

However, Hutton played and scored last night in the Scottish club's 6-0 win over East Stirling and assistant manager Ally McCoist insisted he was going nowhere.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't think spurs have enough quality in the middle to really challenge us. If Anderson is back and plays well he'll boss it, Jenas had his good game for the season on Tuesday night. Think Evra's performance will be key too.

2 - 0 united, Ronaldo and Giggs

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Spurs were immense against the Arse and they got the chance to bring off their star players for a wee breather.
The fact we were away in Saudi could be a hinderence....we shall just have to wait and see. I think I predicted 2-1 to United before but I wouldnt be surprised with a draw here. Spurs will be well up for it and they gave us a right good game the last time they came to OT.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The Spurs defence looks a lot stronger now King is fully fit, they have real quality up front and Jenas seems to have suddenly learnt how to play football.

I'm still confident we can win though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i fink it will be a really tough game but if we have ronaldo rooney tevez and anderson firing on all fronts theres not a team in the world tht cud stop us. Plus there full backs are not the best and we shd look 2 get cristiano runnin wide at the defence at every chance we get. I fink will be tough game but a 2-0 victory.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.