Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Further buildup to The Game...

Source: Edited from Daily Mail

Tottenham manager Juande Ramos will offer a bottle of red wine to Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson tomorrow - but he will only share a glass if Spurs win at Old Trafford.
It is customary for Ferguson to enjoy a drink with his opposite number after matches and despite being a relative newcomer to England, Ramos wants to be part of the tradition.

But he also wants to continue his amazing record in knockout competitions, and only victory for Spurs in the FA Cup clash against United will quench his thirst.

"I'll take a bottle and if we win I'll open it, and if we lose I won't," said the Spurs head coach.

Ramos has not been knocked out of a cup competition in two years and Spurs are coming off the back of the midweek thrashing of rivals Arsenal.

While at Sevilla, Ramos also had a fine record against heavyweights Barcelona and Real Madrid, although his only previous clash at Old Trafford ended in a 3-0 pre-season defeat.

"The result wasn't important, it was just a training match," insisted Ramos.

Spurs have not won at Old Trafford since 1989 and will be without suspended full-back Pascal Chimbonda.

What a petty man.

Source: Goal.com

After dispatching Arsenal from the Carling Cup in midweek, Spurs coach Juande Ramos has told United's Sir Alex Ferguson to watch out - his side are next!

Juande Ramos' magnificent record in knock-out competitions continued on Tuesday night as his Tottenham side hammered Arsenal 5-1 to reach the final of the Carling Cup.

It is now almost 50 games since anybody has knocked a Ramos-managed team out of a cup competition, a run dating back to the Spaniard's first season with Sevilla in 2005.

Two Uefa Cups and a Copa del Rey have been lifted in that time, as well as reaching the knockout stages of this season's Uefa Cup with Spurs.

And with Manchester United next up in the FA Cup this weekend, Ramos has no intention of giving up his record without a fight.

"It's normal that the home team is favourite," said the Spaniard ahead of the Old Trafford meeting. "Manchester or Arsenal when they play at home are always the big favourite.

"But in the Spanish Super Cup this season, Sevilla beat Real Madrid 5-3 in their stadium," he commented of his former club. "That just shows anything can happen. But Tottenham will play to their strengths. We accept that Manchester United are favourites, but Tottenham will give everything and if we lose, we will lose with our heads held high."

That is a concern, no doubt...

Can't wait for the game. Getting restless, listless...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Vidic out with a virus despite rumours he did his groin dismounting a camel (honestly)
They will miss King more than we miss Vida and they also have Chimbonda out, so poor Tom Huddlestone is playing centre defence.....

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
3-1. the penalty and red card were the deciding factors imo.
i enjoyed the game, it was a good cup tie.
hargreaves was immense, broke up their attacks ALL day long.
Tevez held the ball up superbly and linked up with his team mates to great affect.
I thought R&R werent their usual selves, despite Ronnie getting another brace and Rooney chasing the oppo down like a mad dog.
2 assists from Giggsy and great to see Scholes back in action.
All in all it was a grand performance but a great result.
A replay would have been tough at Spurs.
bring on an easy tem in Round 5 for once, someone like Liverpool would be nice
:) happy days and we go marching on.
Did anyone mention the treble yet? ;-)

·
Registered
133 Posts
evra really played bad,at times he was actually funny.Hargo was rolling- fantastic game for him.Scholsy is back(ok not fully,off course he needs few games).Too bad Anderson played only 10 min,cause it's pure pleasure too watch him. His moves are brilliant,there's no one on earth who can protect the ball so perfectly at his age!Fantastic buying SAF you've made.
Overall hard game,Spurs are one hell of a team(specially offense) and it could easily end up bad for ManU.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
When they scored first, it almost had me worried for a moment, then i came to my senses. Great goals, and a pretty good match too. I hope for once, we get an easy lower league oppenent. So we can give Simmo and Pique a game too.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
their defence were actually more solid than ours. evra was taunted by lennon a lot and nobody help him out. when lennon attacks, he usually gets a 1 on 1, but when ronaldo attacks, there were two defenders covering him. our front men werent helping the defence today, i wonder whether the trip to saudi took a bit out of them. the whole team was a bit slack

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.