Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match Vs. Spuds?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Bring on the yids !!! .
Fergie will really want to put one over on redknapp .
I believe we will win easily -- maybe 3-1 providing we still have any players not on the treatment table

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
I honestly think Fergie should rest players for this game. The games are coming thick and fast and with all the injuries I think he should rotate.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
-zuco- said:
My ex used to think they were called Tottingham. :D
Ever hear an American say "Tottenham" pronouncing the "ham" part like the food. Tahtenham. Total facepalm every time I hear someone do it.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
piazza said:
Ever hear an American say "Tottenham" pronouncing the "ham" part like the food. Tahtenham. Total facepalm every time I hear someone do it.
It's pronounced "Totnem" :p

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
-zuco- said:
It's pronounced "Totnem" :p
That's how I say it. There's a city called Birmingham in Michigan, so I always say "Birmingham City FC" in the Michiganian accent, so that's the only one I'm honestly guilty of "Americanizing" but I'm doing better of late.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
21 May 2008 said:
It's the FA Cup. Half the team is hurt right now. Play the ****ing reserves for all I care.
i see your point mate, and the fa cup may have been slightly devalued by us (really the fa) in 1999 but it's still ahead of the carling cup.
with rio, rooney, evra, nani, anderson,rafael all having knocks, and the seriousness of evans' ankle injury as yet unknown, the options are slightly limited in some areas and i still think fergie takes it fairly seriously. i know you can point to the southampton team, but we had come off the back of japan and a few league games thick and fast. with all due respect it was southampton, and not tottenham. after all, it takes a weekend slot, instead of being a fixture slotted into midweeks. i still think we can do it, but they will certainly be up for it. spurs are a good cup side and i'm expecting a tough ride.

---------------van der sar----------------
neville-----vidic--------rio/evans?--o shea
ronaldo---carrick----scholes------park
-------------tevez-------berbatov

think we can take it 2-1. hopefully ronaldo can get on the scoresheet with more regularity after ending his long absence tonight. maybe a goal for berba too.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RedAdam said:
i see your point mate, and the fa cup may have been slightly devalued by us (really the fa) in 1999 but it's still ahead of the carling cup.
with rio, rooney, evra, nani, anderson,rafael all having knocks, and the seriousness of evans' ankle injury as yet unknown, the options are slightly limited in some areas and i still think fergie takes it fairly seriously. i know you can point to the southampton team, but we had come off the back of japan and a few league games thick and fast. with all due respect it was southampton, and not tottenham. after all, it takes a weekend slot, instead of being a fixture slotted into midweeks. i still think we can do it, but they will certainly be up for it. spurs are a good cup side and i'm expecting a tough ride.

---------------van der sar----------------
neville-----vidic--------rio/evans?--o shea
ronaldo---carrick----scholes------park
-------------tevez-------berbatov

think we can take it 2-1. hopefully ronaldo can get on the scoresheet with more regularity after ending his long absence tonight. maybe a goal for berba too.
someone siad that gaz picked up an inury too so thats him gone too if he doesnt shake it off! perhaps fabio will make an unexpected debut?

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
cantos red army said:
someone siad that gaz picked up an inury too so thats him gone too if he doesnt shake it off! perhaps fabio will make an unexpected debut?
:O
getting a bit worrying now.
would love to see fabio, but really have no idea where he's at.
will probably have fletch at rb like tonight, no big deal in terms of his ability. but our injury list is growing. i'm praying it doesn't sabotage a possibly very good campaign :(

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RedAdam said:
:O
getting a bit worrying now.
would love to see fabio, but really have no idea where he's at.
will probably have fletch at rb like tonight, no big deal in terms of his ability. but our injury list is growing. i'm praying it doesn't sabotage a possibly very good campaign :(
hmm ya but the thing is Wes is back in training too is int he? id rather see a back for if Rio and Evans are out something like this

wes oshea vidic fabio

id prefer that as a back for if indeed all Rio johnny Rafael Nev are all out as they are all in there natural positions or have played there before to be fair to Fletcher hes been good this season in the center but right back hes not convincing and id b worried!

as for sabotaging our campaign i don't think it will i think we've had the best time to get injuries if there is a good time because we don't have the hardest run in for another couple of weeks it could be a lot worse say if we had the likes of any of the big four coming or Aston villa but we don't not for at least another month anyway so i think we will just slug through the rest of the games until Rooney and evra are at least back! hopefully the injuries aren't serious

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Remember when you were little and there was one standout player and all the rubbish people just played agaisnt him, let's just do that. John O'shea VS

1 - 20 of 230 Posts