Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match Vs. Derby?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
nope it's definitely an away game.
should be a nice easy return for wayne and evra. i think they were both left out purely to avoid the midweek game, and it has paid off and then should get an easier ride now that we know what to expect from derby.
2-0 united, rooney and nani

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
we are away for this game Z.

sense of deja vu about meeting this crowd....
They were great in their last league game and the Clough effect seems to be working.
They beat us last time we played at Pride park so hopefully that will teach us not
to be so complacent this time.
Prediction 0-2 to United.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries, now fixed. BBC said we were the home team though :rolleyes:

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
marty davidson said:
Foster

Brown, Neville, Ferdinand, O' Shea

Park, Carrick, Fletcher, Tosic

Welbeck, Rooney
my team would be

foster

neville vida brown fabio

ronaldo fletcher ando tosic

welbeck tevez

bench: wazza evra nani berba JOS PIG carrick

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
wont be as easy as it looks. derby will be up for this just like in the CC. Sir Alex will prob give the squad players a run out, and mayb roo and evra seein as they didnt make it yesterday. would like tosic to get a start, he should be ready now.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I'd like the team to be

- - - - - - Foster - - - - - - -
Rafael - Brown - Rio - Fabio (replaced at HT by evra)
Park - Ando - Fletcher - Tosic (nani to come on for him at some point)
- - - Rooney - Welbeck - - - -

·
Registered
773 Posts
Experience and young gun...Blended together, Derby won't be easy...I believe Fergie won't fill out full of young & fringe squad.....

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
Foster

Brown Rio Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Fletcher Nani

Rooney Tevez

Subs: VDS Evans Rafael Berba Scholes

Id like to see berba get a rest, hes played so much lately.
Evra,Rooney & Nani need minutes which they should get during the week at int level so they could start and be subbed off if were sitting comfortably near the end.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Shouldn't be too tough, we might actually try this time round :rolleyes: Derby aren't that bad a side but the form we're in we should have no troubles. Doubt they'll score either would be ironic if they did though. Team ...

VDS

Brown Vida Rio Evra/O'Shea

Park Carrick Fletcher Nani

Ronaldo Tevez

Think Berba may be rested, hopefully Evra and Rooney will appear at some point and I wouldn't mind seeing Tosic again if we're cruising 2/3-0/ The scoreline will hopefully not be a 1-0 win AGAIN, but something more like 3-0!

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
cantos red army said:
my team would be

foster

neville vida brown fabio

ronaldo fletcher ando tosic

welbeck tevez

bench: wazza evra nani berba JOS PIG carrick

Agree with that exept maybe Wazza for Tevez.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
16-Keano-16 said:
Agree with that exept maybe Wazza for Tevez.
ya but the thing is i wouldn't want to rush him straight back into action sort of ease him in i think from the bench its a win win situation for us because just say were cruising with something like half an hour left we can send him on and if were 0-0 with 15 minutes left or even 1-0 down with 20 we can spring him from the bench and he will be fresh and wont be knackered

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
rooneyNo10 said:
I'd like the team to be

- - - - - - Foster - - - - - - -
Rafael - Brown - Rio - Fabio
Park - Ando - Fletcher - Tosic (nani to come on for him at some point)
- - - Rooney - Welbeck - - - -
I like the sound of that team, lots of pace in every department, which would help us play with intensity and get on top of them, rather than be out-done by their constant pressing like last time we played them there. Having the 2 attacking full backs would help us get on the front foot while Park and Tosic get up and down the wings to cover for them, while the two fast centre backs could sweep up anything that gets past the midfield and start a new attack. Anderson & Fletcher in the middle working hard and spreading the passes out wide, while Rooney drops deep to control the game and Welbeck links things up and provides pace in behind the defense.

·
Registered
54 Posts
0-2. Man United will control the game from start to finish, as said in a previous post, this time they don't have the luxury of a 2nd leg.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts