Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oky dokey your thoughts ?

its written we beat them in 99 before taking the treble and we will beat em again ! chelsea have had it as huddersfield will gub em

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
A Premiership side AGAIN!!!! :rolleyes:

Not just any Prem side either. :eek:

I'm glad it's at OT. We can win the game but what a tough draw!

Especially when Liverpool get Barnsley and Chelsea get Huddersfield - both at home. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Fifth round fixtures:

Bristol Rovers v Southampton

Cardiff City v Wolves

Sheffield United v Middlesbrough

Liverpool v Barnsley

Manchester United v Arsenal

Preston v Portsmouth

Coventry City v West Brom

Chelsea v Huddersfield Town

The ties are scheduled to take place on 16 and 17 February.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
We are just unstoppable in my opinion this year and with the squad we've got and the calibre of players within the squad the treble is on once again.

Arsenal are always tough opposition but at home I believe we will have the upper edge and with Hargreaves on fine form and Scholes back in action, we should win.

Nevermind Ronaldo, Tevez, Giggs, Rooney who are all playing fantastically well and my little pet Anderson ;)

Why do we always get such tough draws in the FA Cup, it's so unfair, I hear.
Who cares!!!
If you want to win trophies you've got to beat the best.

Bring on Huddersfield/Barnsley in the next round :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
FA CUP 5th Round - United VS Arsenal.......

What's the chances of that then eh?

Shame Viera doesn't play there still.......

Already had this thread so I merged them - Carly ;)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Its gonna be a great game, but i really wish just once, that we'd get an easy tie against a lower league oppenent. At least we'll get bragging rights once we beat em.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
We'll do 'em then go on to win it. im glad with this tie. It's at home so as long as everyones fit we should win and hen its bragging rights:D lol still a bit unfair though.

·
23,699 Posts
Relax, babe. No problem at all. Where? Where?

We always know how to handle Arsenal as evidenced in our previous encounters.... as long as we don't just sit back after taking the lead, inviting waves after waves of attacks until 'accidents' happen.:rolleyes:

Oh, and don't forget to play Anderson against Fabregas.;)

And scoreline? Based on extrapolation and simple logic, (5:1) + (3:1) = (8:2) = (4:1);)

Next opponent please?

But seriously, I noticed in any competition, the team that scrapes past the stronger teams almost always win the trophy.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
lol i swear the FA really hate us winning this compitition. anyway i can see this one going on for a replay. personally, i dont want it to happen but i can see a 1-1 scoreline.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
we're gonna' rip em apart...i'm very happy we've got one of our rivals..at Old Trafford....100% sure...we're gonna qualify

·
Banned
836 Posts
When I saw the draw on Sky Sports news, I thought wtf Chelsea and Liverpool have easy ties, I thought the FA must be conspiraring against us.
God I hate Arsenal, why did we get them? :(

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
we're gonna' rip em apart...i'm very happy we've got one of our rivals..at Old Trafford....100% sure...we're gonna qualify
I 100% agree with you. I think the draws been kind:D lol

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
suprise suprise we get the toughest draw again while pool and chelsea get easy home ties...

at least we got home advantage and if we want to win the cup we'll have to play the top sides at some point so bring em on

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ryan giggs has let it slip that he is following his 99 cup superstition going this year so we cant be beaten . what superstition you ask ? the boy is not going to shave his back till june !!!!!!!

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Same 'ol, same 'ol..............Liverpool and Chelski get handy "byes" into the next round while Manchester United have to do it, as usual, the hard way. Nothing comes easy and if your gonna win it you want to say that you beat Aston Villa, Tottenham and Arsenal along the way, dont you!

Not,

"Oh yea! Great season by us, to win the FA Cup! Great wins in every round, beating, Havant and Waterlooville and Huddersfield. We played so well there!"

All I can say that it will make us a better team and we're well equiped for it too. So........"B-R-I-N-G, O-N T-H-E A-R-S-E-N-A-L!! BRING ON THE ARSENAL, BRING ON THE ARSENAL............

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
im not botherd about getting them at all, we'll have to meet em at some point and we're at home
we're gonna do em :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We got to beat the best to win so lets give them a beating at OT.
This may have some significance in the destination of the Premiership.
If we can get one over on them and break their confidence then this game can be a really important one.

Ill never forget '99 when we played them on the way to that famous Treble.
Fantastic game with that absolute stunner by Giggsy.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1r3bGm9YzQ.

Im a bit sick of those dirtbags Chelsea and Liverpool getting simple draws but hey thats life.
Liverpool so far: Luton, Havant &Waterlooville and Barnsley :rolleyes:
United so far: Villa, Spurs and Arsenal. Spot the difference.........

This season has just got more exciting. It could well be a monster season yet :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts