Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The draw was today, and I'm already hearing 3-1 and 3-0 from the Gunners... Absolutely ridiculous, and that's a fact. Their arrogance blinds them, no two ways about it. First, they need to consider some facts. a) We almost won if it wasn't for a last second equalizer, AT the Emirates. We nearly won at the Emirates, so we can do much better than that at Old Trafford. b) Hargreaves will be key. If he is fit (knock on wood), he has to ability to shut their midfield down. If he can do that, they'll have to play long ball to Adebayor and _______, which won't work against Rio and Vidic. c) Ronaldo is on fire lately. IF they can shut him down, they might have a chance, but we still have Roovez, Giggs, Scholes/Anderson, and more. So we can, and I believe we will win against Arsenal when we meet. 2-0 or 2-1, but either way, we're in to the next round.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Im a bit sick of those dirtbags Chelsea and Liverpool getting simple draws but hey thats life.
Liverpool so far: Luton, Havant &Waterlooville and Barnsley :rolleyes:
United so far: Villa, Spurs and Arsenal. Spot the difference.........
I think its only fair 'lower division' teams plays amature teams and let the top guns go head to head :D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
not to worry we knock nearly all of them out , anyway like i said on another thread sometimes its better the devil you know , and no hidden surprises

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
again,we are drawn against premier league opposition,the Fa must really like us.:rolleyes: Anyways,we can beat at OT without exhausting ourselves.Really,i could ask for a better time to face them.Time to kick dirt in thier face and continue on our potential treble season.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
they were lucky to get the draw against us at the emirates when they were playing the "best football in the league" funny how we have got the best defensive and attacking record in the league, still i dont expect anyone but united fans to appreciate that

·
Registered
293 Posts
it's more satisfying when you beat the better teams. In ten years when your talking about how united won the treble in 07-08 do you want to say that united only beat easy teams. or do you want to say united beat villa totenham and arsenal.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
nice way to see how we would do when arsenal come visit us later the season
i think we would scrap through, i would really hate a replay, but i have a bad feeling about it. Are the african bunch back already by then?

G

·
Natalie said:
its a bloody fix we always get a prem team
Not far wrong there Natalie. ;)

1998/99
Middlesbrough
Liverpool
*Fulham
Chelsea(+r)
Arsenal(+r)
Newcastle

1999/00
-

2000/01
*Fulham
West Ham

2001/02
Villa
Middlesbrough

2002/03
*Portsmouth
West Ham
Arsenal

2003/04
Villa
*Northampton Town
Man City
Fulham
Arsenal
Millwall

2004/2005
*Exeter(+r)
Middlesbrough
Everton
Southampton
Newcastle
Arsenal

2005/2006
*Burton Albion(+r)
*Wolves
Liverpool

2006/2007
Villa
Portsmouth
Reading(+r)
Middlesbrough(+r)
Watford
Chelsea

2007/08
Villa
Spurs
Arsenal

30 games against Premiership teams out of 37! :eek:

·
Registered
291 Posts
THIS IS A DISGRACE!!!!! Liverpool once again get a lower division team and Chelsea do as well and we get one of the best once again... i could spit bullets, im so angry but it should be a good game

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
the balls are filled with a gel which makes them warm to the touch . therefore guaranteeing a top drawer fixture for the bbc .

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nirk said:
THIS IS A DISGRACE!!!!! Liverpool once again get a lower division team and Chelsea do as well and we get one of the best once again... i could spit bullets, im so angry but it should be a good game
At least it is a home draw, i actually feel for arsenal, pity them

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i can't believe no one as mentioned the 2005 final the most one sided final i've ever seen without a goal being scored. we was robbed that day and nows our chance to put them out of the cup and the title race in the same season, revenge is so sweet

21 - 40 of 45 Posts