• Eckersley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Welbeck

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
United have no new injury concerns ahead of the FA Cup quarter-final trip to Fulham on Saturday.

Sir Alex will take a 20-man squad to Craven Cottage with the manager confirming he will make changes to the side that won at Newcastle in midweek.

"It's an opportunity to keep the players' engines running," Sir Alex told reporters at his pre-match press conference. "They have all been applying themselves very well, so rotating the squad has been working well."

The Reds' boss also revealed that Gary Neville should be back in training next week, while Wes Brown and Rafael are making good progress with their recovery from injury.

"Wes needs a couple more weeks, but Gary may be back a bit sooner - hopefully he’ll be training with us again next week," said Sir Alex. "Rafael will be out for a little longer with a hairline fracture of his ankle."

United are returning to London for the second time in a week following last Sunday's Carling Cup final. With Wednesday's demanding trip to St James' Park sandwiched in between, Sir Alex is grateful to have been able to call upon a strong squad to freshen up his starting XI for the games.

"It certainly helps us to make changes," he said. "We played on a tiring pitch at Wembley, then we had to travel back home and up to the north-east, which itself can be exhausting.

"But there’s no doubt the changes helped and against Fulham hopefully they’ll help again."

ManUtd.com

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
--------------Van Der Sar

O'Shea---Ferdinand----Vidic-----Evra

Fletcher---Scholes---Anderson--Park

------------Rooney--Tevez

Would start Ronaldo on the bench for this one because I think its improtant he get him a rest with two massive games coming up, hes played a lot lately. Bring Scholes and Anderson into mindfield because I don't think they will play against Inter. Surrounding them with Fletcher Park Rooney and Tevez because they aren't great defensively so that gives them some cover. In defense you can't really take any chances with youngsters at this stage in the FA Cup, apparently Neville isn't back yet, so have OShea in there with Fletcher to give him some strong cover. Evra has been looking a bit edgy last couple of games the hopefully the cover of Park will serve him well and help bring his confidence up. Rooney is really getting confident at the moment and just needs to carry on playing to keep the momentum and Tevez will be up for the cup atmosphere.

Prediction: A battling 1-0 victory
Some good points there, which I agree with and some which I would see differeently.

Goalkeepers:
First up, Fergie wil be VERY encouraged by Foster's display against Tottenham and will want t give him a chance to continue and not break the momentum. Then again VDS made that silly mistake against Newcstle and Fergie might want to show him "you're still me number 1".

Defence: Don't think this is a game where Fergie would hesitate to play Evans or Fabio. Yes it's the FA Cup, the ball is round and Fulham shouldn't be underestimated, but none of the recognized RBs are fit, so Fergie might play O'Shea at RB and Fabio at LB. I think Fergie would play Evans at CB, if he were 100% fit. However, I think Fergie wil want to let him rest some more to let his ankle heal a little more.

Midfield: Scholes delivered a master class against Fulham in the league and might do so again. Anderson to partner him - not Gibson. Welbeck to get a chance on the right where he has already played this season. Nani on the left. Park and Ronaldo to get well-desereved ests.

Attack: Rooney and Tevez. Rooney is finding form and Tevez was rested against NU.

Rooney - Tevez

Nani - Anderson - Scholes - Welbeck

Fabio - Vidic - Ferdinand - O'Shea

Foster​

Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Evans, Gibson, Fletcher, Park, Berbatov

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Yeah i think tosic might be involved probably on the bench though. I just really want to see him in action and i think today would be good if he came off the bench for maybe 30minutes to show the united fans what they gonna see in the coming seasons from him :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
foster
oshea evans vidic fabio
park fletcher giggs nani
tevez rooney

2-1 win, but i have a bad feeling that it might end up 1-1....

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah i think tosic might be involved probably on the bench though. I just really want to see him in action and i think today would be good if he came off the bench for maybe 30minutes to show the united fans what they gonna see in the coming seasons from him :)
I agree, I think that SAF should let young players play more. But anyway he know`s what is the best, and I shouldn`t say anything about his way. Every player get chance to show what he got. Look at Evans, Anderson, Rafael, Fabio, etc. they got their chance and they showed everyone that in the future they r going to be main players of the team. I hope that Tosic, Gibson, and Welbeck is going to became our first team members in the future.

-------------Foster-------------
--Evans----Rio---Vida---Fabio(or Evra)--
-----------Gibson(DM)------------------
----------------Anderson(CM)-----------
-----Tosic(LM)-----------Ronaldo(RM)---
-------------Roney(SS)-----------------
---------------------Berbatov(CF)------

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i have a feeling this will be a scarppy sort of game tbh they will be all out to try and plase there fans after the hull match imo but i think if they do come out and attack that will only work in our favour!

prediction 2-0 rooney and welbeck)

team:

foster

JOS vida evans evra

wellbeck anderson giggs nani

rooney tevez

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
happy days its being showed on itv!

I can see this being a scrappy game a 1-0 win more likely to us but you can't discount fulham they will be rightly fired up for this game and will make it extremely hard for us they're gonna be at full strength and they have made craven cottage a fortress this year.

-------foster

????---evans--vidic--????

Park---scholes--ando--tosic

------welbeck---tevez

can't be sure about full backs, but would love to see tosic given the start this would be a good game to see what he's like against a decent side.
i dont understand why noone ever mention tosic on this forum :d

:happy

·
Registered
616 Posts
recently i always like seeing start Giggs in midfield Ronaldo on the right,Nani on the left,we do seem to better balanced this way....1-3 to the World Champions.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
850 Posts
i hope united will win..if they win that will be the only thing which can make my day a bit better ...today 4 students from my school died in car crash..i'm 16 they all are 18.. i think i knew 1 it's just awful... ;(

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Why is Fergie playing Park against Fulham? :huh:

Good to see that Ronaldo is finally getting some well deserved rest.

21 - 40 of 279 Posts