Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
mufc-ok said:
LEEDS PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not Leeds then Millwall !

And whoever wants a home game is mad or doesnt actually go to matches.
leeds have to get past histon first !!!! the more i say that the better it sounds :D the mighty whites scrabling for a win against the part timers--oh joy

I'm probably going to get lashed out of it for saying this but here goes .
I hope we do draw one of the premiership sides and I hope we are beaten . Why ? . I look at it this way , come the new year we are going to be 2 games behind in the league and then its the serious stuff in the champs league . I really feel in modern day football you have to be choosey about the cups you go all out to win . Dont get me wrong I love the the FA cup but I'd rather win the league and/or the champs league any day . I hope I havent annoyed the purists too much . I'm only thinking of the players come March/April/May .

dublin red said:
I hope we do draw one of the premiership sides and I hope we are beaten . Why ? . I look at it this way , come the new year we are going to be 2 games behind in the league and then its the serious stuff in the champs league . I really feel in modern day football you have to be choosey about the cups you go all out to win . Dont get me wrong I love the the FA cup but I'd rather win the league and/or the champs league any day . I hope I havent annoyed the purists too much . I'm only thinking of the players come March/April/May .
I thought fans were meant to wish there team wins every game? Must be wrong.

dublin red said:
Hmm, I see what your saying, but its still a highly prestigious trophy.
If you were saying that about the Carling Cup I would be more understanding I guess.
Its tough to win the lot but we have a great squad and this cup could be a good
opportunity for Fergie to give the young lads a chance, especially if we play a
team from a lower division. Obviously winning a Prem or a CL is more important
but you cant underestimate the glory of the FA cup. I went over last year for the
cup game against Pompey and I was gutted for SO long after that defeat.
It could/should have been another treble last year, and thats nothing to be sniffed at.

dublin red said:
If we won the FA cup, we'd play a total of 6 games. :rolleyes:

Highlights

Preston v Liverpool
Hull City v Newcastle
Chelski v Southend
Man City v Forest
Birmingham v Wolves
Southampton v UNITED
Histon (took out Leeds) v Swansea
Spurs v Wigan
Arsenal v Plymouth
Bournemouth/Blyth Spartans v Blackburn
Macclesfield v Everton
Sunderland v Bolton
Gillingham/Stockport v Villa

Full Draw

Portsmouth v Bristol City
Sheffield Wed v Fulham
Preston v Liverpool
Birmingham v Wolves
West Ham v Barnsley
Middlesbrough v Barrow
Hull City v Newcastle
Hartlepool v Stoke
Chelsea v Southend
Manchester City v Nottingham Forest
Cardiff v Reading
Ipswich v Chesterfield or Droylsden
Charlton v Norwich
West Brom v Peterborough or Tranmere
Torquay v Blackpool
Leyton Orient v Sheffield United
Southampton v Manchester United
Millwall v Carlisle or Crewe
Histon v Swansea
Forest Green Rovers v Derby
QPR v Burnley
Leicester v Crystal Palace
Tottenham v Wigan
Morecambe or Cheltenham v Doncaster
Arsenal v Plymouth
Notts County or Kettering v Eastwood Town
Bournemouth or Blyth Spartans v Blackburn
Macclesfield v Everton
Watford v S****horpe
Sunderland v Bolton
Coventry v Kidderminster
Gillingham or Stockport v Aston Villa.
Ties will be played on the weekend of 3-4 January

last time i was at southampton dion dublin got us a winner in injury time at the dell !

what a hovel the dell was - st marys is twice the size thoough so many tickets should be up for grabs

revenge for stokes offside goal in 76 will be sweet

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.