Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still 2 games to go in the season before we become the first teams to appear at the new Wembley in the FA Cup Final. If fate is kind we will be the first to lift the trophy there too.

Sir Alex Ferguson has invited Larsson to the FA Cup Final as his guest to thank him for his sterling efforts during his all too brief loan spell with United.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah was reading that Fergie said that he said to Larsson that if Man Utd reach the final that he will be guest of honor!!

I think that a nice gesture from Fergie, Larsson did score Man Utd's 1st FA Cup goal this season against Villa.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Larsson did a good job for us this season so i think its a fitting tribute for him but as for the final it's to close to call i would like to think United will win but i really cant say as Chelski will be all out to spoil the fun, I can just imagen it now. Chelski win and Mourinho going on about how Cheslea have done the double this season. Fingers crossed because i love seeing that man lose.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Larsson was a great player for united glad he will be there would love to see mourinho's face watching united lift the cup

Also would love mikel getting a runners up medal when he could have had a winners medal

·
Registered
414 Posts
----------------VDS
---Brown--Rio---Vidic--Heinze
-------Scholes----Carrick
Ronaldo-------------------Giggs
--------------Rooney
---------------Smith

Kuz
Heinze
Richardson
Fletcher
Ole

4-2 united - Rooney, Ronaldo, Ole, Smith-Cole, Robben

·
Registered
21 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
----------------VDS
---Brown--Rio---Vidic--Heinze
-------Scholes----Carrick
Ronaldo-------------------Giggs
--------------Rooney
---------------Smith

Kuz
Heinze
Richardson
Fletcher
Ole

4-2 united - Rooney, Ronaldo, Ole, Smith-Cole, Robben

LOL i nva knew we had 2 heinze`s in the team???

good line up thou and i reckon a nice 2-0 victory rooney and giggs:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Real shame that game it was a dull performance by both and I think united were slightly better but the goal we had not given was a shocker! at least it was a stone wall penalty.

Also the freekick that gave them the pass run which scored.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This, the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley, was the biggest, the best, the most spectacular

non event in footballing history. We let ourselves down, Giggs and Ronaldo failed to perform and subsequently the forwards never got the supply they needed. Both teams played like the didn't want to lose and it showed.

We have got the measure of Chelski this season, we are, I believe, better than them but we do not have that killer up front like Ruud was. 1-1, 0-0 and 0-0 are the result against Chelski this season and we should have, could have, won them all!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep agree 100% a let down from the performance, occassion and the result. Glad we have the title though and sure this will prompt fergie to address the striker issue hard in the transfer market.

Stone wall penalty though - shame.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.